Help › Forums

Made Master

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 3 2010 7:41 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 10:14 PM

Wish I knew what I was getting myself in to.......

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 10:25 PM

Everyone's first reaction to the Master Tier is shock due to the difficulty. Makes me slightly nervous!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 3:39 AM

rehill:
    Everyone's first reaction to the Master Tier is shock due to the difficulty.

Not mine! Even before I got upgraded in tier, I had purposefully joined or set up lots of Ladder 3 matches which were played from Master tees under Master conditions. The transition therefore wasn't as shocking as it might otherwise have been.

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 4:11 AM

Congrats!!!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 5:49 AM

Congratulations VH. For me the master tier was no more challenging then the rest of the tiers. Each tier brought a new challenging element to the game.

Upgrade your clubs and practice your long iron shots, you'll do just fine.

I like forgiving clubs, some like precision, my advice is, take advantage of the club rental feature and find out what clubs your comfortable with.

Your a good player VH, you'll do just fine. Play a few practice rounds and dial in the yardage on your new clubs, especially on the par 3's.

Good Luck friend. Practice well.

• vanguard56
    40 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 5:53 AM
    Amazing how well you thought ahead. Great job setting up the ladder 3 matches. Hope I never have to go up against you as you are so well prepared to play.
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 6:05 AM

Ah, no need to worry, I just lost 7 straight Ladder games the other day.    But I did manage to defeat Master players on a semi-regular basis both before & after the tier upgrade, so it's definitely true that playing those Ladder 3 matches can ease the transition between tiers for anyone.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 6:14 AM

thanks all for the replies!

one last follow up, as I haven't had time to practice since my transformation - do the practice rounds now automatically change  to the master tees as well? Guess I wasn't paying close enuf attention when I went to pro.....

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 6:19 AM

Your default should be the master tee's and master pins on bethpage.  But for practice, I believe you need to select the tees.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 6:20 AM

There's nothing "automatic" about practice rounds, as far as I'm aware. It should remember the last setting you happened to select. The good thing about Ladder 3 matches is that if you get invited by someone else, you need to adapt to the conditions selected by the game host. And since most of these game hosts are Masters who usually select Master conditions, I got lots of practice as a Pro playing from Master tees that way. (Of course, if you're hosting a Ladder 3 match yourself, you can select any tees you like.)

• PAGES
RSS