Forums

Help › Forums

Forum Formatting

Sat, May 12 2012 8:11 PM (7 replies)
  • pjctas0822
    4,556 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 11:27 AM

While I love the game and coming to the forums to read certain things. This forum needs an upgrade. It is so hard to navigate and the filtering is so limited. There are way too many different Categories as well. WGT please look at other forums on the net I am sure you guys can update this one. IMO

Also need to be able to set general filtering for the entire forum not like the way it is now where you have to go to each different category and choose filtering from there or "mark as read" etc etc...Just an idea to put on the long list of things to do :) Its actually quite easy to get a better forum format. 

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 11:57 AM

I haven't browsed the forums in the traditional way since 2009, browsing via "active topics" is far better IMO.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/TopicsActive.aspx

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 4:15 PM

The WGT forum has no moderation.

Topics on the same subject are scattered all through different forum categories.

Multiple threads on the same topic everywhere.

OT discussions fill the threads. 

You do what ya can to participate where ya can

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 7:34 AM

It's a bit frustrating not to be able to see old posts by other users (unless you can and I'm missing it).

I also only use Active Threads and My Discussions now. There isn't much moderation of duplicate threads etc but it's a big job and the current setup just about works.  As someone who runs a much larger forum than this I do have some credentials to speak on this. However I'll take it on in exchange for free credits ;)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 7:38 AM

saltiresfan:
    It's a bit frustrating not to be able to see old posts by other users

Search by their name. You get all posts involving that name. Ain't the best but it's all you have.  :-(

• pjctas0822
    4,556 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 10:47 AM

UPGRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE FORUM IT DONT COST NOTHING TO DO SO! YES I AM YELLING NOW TO BE HEARD LOL

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 2:40 PM

Actually it does. Both vbulletin and phpBB (and others) require a license although it would be peanuts in terms of hosting costs.

• pjctas0822
    4,556 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 8:11 PM

saltiresfan:

Actually it does. Both vbulletin and phpBB (and others) require a license although it would be peanuts in terms of hosting costs.

We the players would be paying for it. That's why I said it don't cost nothing :( 

RSS