Forums

Help › Forums

3 MUST HAVE courses (WGT response requested)

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 28 2010 3:02 PM (8 replies)
  • BuckyKentucky
    3 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 6:19 PM

The following 3 courses are a MUST HAVE.

First up is-Brickyard at the Crossing...Located INSIDE the Indianapolis 500 track

Nest up is Purgatory...Located in Noblesville Indiana which is somewhere between 65-70% Sand traps.

And last but not least I believe its- Crooked Stick (I believe its located in Carmel, IN and also i believe it recently hosted a match which was a stop on the US Senior Tour

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 7:17 PM

Let me guess.. you're from Indiana?

If you want WGT only responses, you'll have to send your inquiries to members@worldgolftour.com...  otherwise you get all of us.

Oh, and the rest of us would like to see our local gems on here as well. 

Peace

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 8:13 PM

65%-70% of the course is sand traps?  Is it a miniature golf course or something?  That percentage seems impossible.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 8:17 PM

ghettocop1:
    Is it a miniature golf course or something?

Depends on where they put the windmill and if the clown's mouth has the teeth knocked out yet....

• BuckyKentucky
    3 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 11:12 AM

Yes I do happen to be from Indiana but I have lived and moved from 11 different states. I requested WGT's response but comments from others is greatly appreciated. Yes Purgatory is something like 60-70% sand traps that is a rough estimate but it very close Google it and you will see I'm not bull crapping you.

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 1:05 PM

No offense but while Crooked Stick hosted a PGA, it is a very average course.  The brickyard couse has I think a senior PGA but it is below average and the other sounds like a mini golf course.  None of those are on my list of must have WGT courses.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 1:47 PM

Thanks for the suggestions Bucky. =)

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 2:59 PM

Being the World Golf TOUR id like to see more international courses such as

Royal Melbourne

Royal County Downs

THX CSC

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 3:02 PM

Real classy.  Give WGT an ultimatum in the title then list 3 local courses not worthy of a weekend road trip.

Thanks but no thanks.

RSS