• PAGES
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 2:35 AM

Just carded my 2000th ranked round.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 4:05 AM

Yeah, I hit and went past the 2k mark last night.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 6:11 AM

2000 Ranked Rounds?? 

You two true Masters must share the record.  Taking a quick look,  I found nobody with more ranked rounds than either of you.  Really amazing to me!

Marioh, I admire your "sticktoitivness" having stuck with WGT since January, 2008 and averaged 2 and a half ranked rounds a day.  Even more amazing, Infinito has accomplished the same feat in just over 9 months while averaging 7 ranked rounds a day!!

You both deserve a Diamond Most Rounds Recorded award from WGT.

Not sure if congratulations or sympathy is in order, so I extend both.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 6:36 AM

Maybe something to make it extra special..........

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 8:38 AM

andyson:

2000 Ranked Rounds?? 

You two true Masters must share the record.  Taking a quick look,  I found nobody with more ranked rounds than either of you.  Really amazing to me!

Marioh, I admire your "sticktoitivness" having stuck with WGT since January, 2008 and averaged 2 and a half ranked rounds a day.  Even more amazing, Infinito has accomplished the same feat in just over 9 months while averaging 7 ranked rounds a day!!

You both deserve a Diamond Most Rounds Recorded award from WGT.

Not sure if congratulations or sympathy is in order, so I extend both.

I've been playing this game even longer than that date.   I think that date is the date when the game went from the Charity Challenge to what it is now (basically from only CTTH to having stroke play).

I've seen so many mutations of this game.   My most memorable is the day they made a change which resulted in extreme pulls and pushes, even if you missed the center mark by 1 pixel.   The outroar from the community after that change was hilarious.   Me, I adjusted by just aiming way left of my target, and then barely miss on the right side of the meter.   I even took advantage of this radical change to beat the best player (at the time) in this game, the one and only time I ever beat him in multi player, lol.

It's amazing to see the growth of this game, and even more amazing that WGT accomplished this on the Flash platform.   And WGT has made it worth my while by providing a great golf simulation game and giving me the opportunity to win real prizes, at almost no cost to me.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 10:44 PM

That truly is quite the accomplishment! Nice job.

• spikel
    100 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2010 3:27 PM

That really is something, I'm with marioh, even after being here since May 2007 I haven't even come close to 2k, let along 1k!. So that is quite an accomplishment.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2010 3:50 PM
    Approaching 5000 birdies and over 1200 rounds. Over a $1000 to go 2100 miles round trip to play real golf with four people on my friends list last month. I need an intervention so my daughter says! :))
  • BobbyM55
    1 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2010 4:24 PM
    my god, ya gotta get out more!!!
  • OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2010 4:31 PM

claremoreblue:
    I need an intervention so my daughter says! :))

LOL, I'm picturing a WGT version of the A&E show, Intervention.

That would be hilarious.

• PAGES
RSS