Forums

Help › Forums

Almost as good as the real thing.....but

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 3 2010 4:57 PM (6 replies)
  • Sirbobofdunlop
    4 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 10:56 AM

Variety is the spice of life as they say..."They"...could be online golfers.  I'd like to see any new course.  ANYTHING!!.  Most of us automatically log into St. Andrews because I think there is a ton of character to the course.  Wouldn't you agree? 

And on that note, I'd like to say that I think this web site, as a freebie is absolutely fantastic.  Well put-together and easy to use.  
    But to play the back 9 of St. Andrews would be so welcome.   Not to mention a few changes in pin location. 
    Anyway, it's all good.  It's all appreciated.  It's almost as good as the real thing

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 11:02 AM

We're all itching for the release of the back 9.

I hope you also heard the good news about the partnership with the USGA.   That means there's a new course on the horizon as well.

http://www.wgt.com/news/archive/2010/03/17/usga-forms-long-term-relationship-with-world-golf-tour.aspx

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 7:40 PM

I agree with everything you have stated except  "most of us automatically log on to St. Andrews because of the character".  I find it to be the least interesting course on the site.  Just my opinion of course.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 7:52 PM

Sirbobofdunlop:

Variety is the spice of life as they say..."They"...could be online golfers.  I'd like to see any new course.  ANYTHING!!.  Most of us automatically log into St. Andrews because I think there is a ton of character to the course.  Wouldn't you agree? 

Yes, Love St. Andrews, so different from the every day course. It does have its own feel and charm that lots of others just dont have.

I also like the constant Eagle chances on 5 and 9... *-)

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 10:47 PM

WGT is working on new courses and the addition to STA. But I totally agree that this game will be even better with a little variety.

• AlexisStarfire
    78 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2010 3:37 PM

Sirbobofdunlop:

Most of us automatically log into St. Andrews because I think there is a ton of character to the course.  Wouldn't you agree? 

Sorry, beg to differ. I have mostly been playing Beth Black because its the only one without ridiculous 'roller coaster' greens. Putting is ridiculous enough in this game. without ridiculously rolling ups and downs.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 4:57 PM

AlexisStarfire:

Sirbobofdunlop:

Most of us automatically log into St. Andrews because I think there is a ton of character to the course.  Wouldn't you agree? 

Sorry, beg to differ. I have mostly been playing Beth Black because its the only one without ridiculous 'roller coaster' greens. Putting is ridiculous enough in this game. without ridiculously rolling ups and downs.

ehh, putting in real life is pretty ridiculous. A simulator is supposed to simulate the real life aspects and I think challenging putting is part of golf.

RSS