Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Baseball???

Fri, May 18 2012 3:42 PM (24 replies)
  • DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 11:46 AM

Was wondering if anybody has tried this yet, and if so, what did they think.

WGT Baseball

Danny

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 12:01 PM

Can  you can have more than 1 team .   lol

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 2:32 PM

I tried it, but I know very little about baseball... so I was bored after few minutes!

what about WGT Soccer? :)

cheers

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 3:05 PM

jvr86:
    I was bored after few minutes!

Agreed. I too was bored right away. The player only bats and manages players and you have to buy things like health, and stamina for each of your players. It isn't addicting like this game because just batting gets boring quickly.

You can spend a lot of money to maintain your team. You can draft pro baseball players for hundreds of dollars at a time. The 3D graphics are cool looking like WGT, but you don't have much control of the game at all, just batting.

I give it two out of five stars.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 3:34 PM

I started playing it in March and I have played it every day since. The only reason I am is because they introduced seasons. And trying to get or stay in first place each month is kind of fun. But I can totally see where some would be bored with it. But also one thing to keep in mind is that WGT Baseball is relatively new. So the game could and probably will change. I just noticed today that they introduced base stealing. So that adds another dimension to things. I've already suggested that they increase the innings you can play at one time in a game (currently just 1) and asked if pitching could be introduced in some form or fashion. Playing more innings that just one will probably happen at some point, but the pitching might be a bit more difficult to implement. But who knows. I say give it time. It has potential. Plus if your fanatical about baseball you could end up liking it. 

Master Yoda

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 3:39 PM

After answering this post, I gave it another try... But:

My players energy went off... lol and without players... I ran away and back to golfing!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 4:16 PM

LMAO. Yoda is going to be the Icon of WGT Baseball-in it from the bare bones start. You can't blame him, though, he needs the baseball fix.  Look at his poor Phillies.  ;-)

FWIW, it's a guessing game. You guess where the pitcher is going to throw the ball. No strategy, no nothing. Pick a spot and hope the pitch is there.

Check this out.........you can BUY credits and then spend them on better odds of guessing right. What a novel idea. Pfffft. 

As a baseball lover I really hope this turns into something 1/2 as addictive as WGT golf but it's going to take one heck of a lot more than HD renderings of major league ballparks. MLB endorsing it is a good thing so maybe there's hope.  :-)

• MaSeVierBal
    157 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 10:31 PM

I recently discovered WGT Baseball, and while not from a typical Basball-playing country, have followed the MLB as much as I can.  The Reds have been my team from the beginning, and glad to see they are haven't been doing too badly of late.

I'm with Yoda on this, would love to see them introduce more innings, like a real game, and pitching as well.  It's from from WGT, that the shorter game is more popular here like CTTH and Blitz, as opposed to strokeplay, but there are still a group of us enjoy a 18-hole  strokeplay game over CTTH or Blitz.  The baseball will be much the same, keep the Homerun Derbys and Single Inning "Scrimmage" by all means, but add the "full" game as an option as well.

MSVB

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 2:34 AM

Unlike golf, baseball has a very limited audience, mainly America.  Even though I've tried to watch a couple of games on television when they've been on, I just can't seem to get the rules - they seem rather convoluted.  And so for that reason I, and I dare say many other non-Americans, are put off by it.

I don't think I'll be checking into WGT Baseball any time soon.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 5:08 AM

MioKontic:
    Unlike golf, baseball has a very limited audience, mainly America. 

Japan is hardly a "limited audience." The game between the Rangers and the Yankees Monday night drew a 10 share in Japan (3rd highest Fox rating for a game all time)and this was for a game that the Japanese had to watch at 8 in the morning! Why, you say? Yu Darvisch, one of their own local heroes, was pitching. The Japanese movement into American baseball is picking up speed.

Every November baseball teams from all over the world gather in Phoenix, Arizona for the Men's Senior Baseball League World Series. I went for 14 years straight on a team from here in New York and had the opportunity to play against teams from Russia, Cuba, Sweden, Denmark , Holland, Puerto Rico and the Netherlands. They didn't seem "put off" by it.

MioKontic:
    Even though I've tried to watch a couple of games on television when they've been on, I just can't seem to get the rules - they seem rather convoluted.

Now you know how Americans feel trying to understand Cricket.

RSS