Forums

Help › Forums

Re: If you thought equipment was expensive on WGT

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 22 2010 5:33 PM (5 replies)
  • danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 6:32 PM

LOL  check out TWO..you can buy lots of cool things that expire every 3 rounds..

• raidermatt1
    96 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 12:06 PM
    I know, saw that and saw all the riots going on by most of the members about that rule. Make room WGT you may be getting a lot more new members. Some of the experts on two still say wgt is a joke but they just dont want to play because they wont be shooting there usual 45's
  • TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 9:12 AM

raidermatt1:
    they wont be shooting there usual 45's

What the heck? 45?!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 1:56 PM

TheLighterDark:
    What the heck? 45?!

Wolf Creek, course record shared by at least 2 dozen people, is a mind-boggling 37.  (Personally, best I can manage is a 41!!)

To be fair, they are adjusting the equipment at that other game... yes, you only get to rent it, but some things now last 10 rounds.

And, it must be pointed out, again in fairness, that the cost for this stuff is funny money you earn by playing.  There are no real dollars or euros yet.

So, you really can't compare them together.

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 4:02 PM

What you can compare is the quality of the cartoon graphics on TWO and the

virtual reality of the actual courses on WGT.  WGT seems to appeal more to

real golfers and TWO to video gamers. I was an avid fan of links until I saw WGT.

What kind of golf is it when you can break par by 30 strokes. They (TWO) can have

the gamers; I'll play with golfers. The USGA has recognized  the future in the WGT

and so has the latest venture capital investment.  Playing golf is what it's all

about and the closer this game comes to that , the more success WGT will

have. Save your Saturday mornings for cartoons, I'll be on the golf course.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 5:33 PM

RUSTY40:
    What you can compare is the quality of the cartoon graphics on TWO and the virtual reality of the actual courses on WGT.  WGT seems to appeal more to real golfers and TWO to video gamers

You know, Rusty, that I've been saying that from the beginning...

Yet some folk just don't get it.

Peace.

RSS