Re: Handicap system and other new release discussion

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 17 2010 12:05 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Sun, Mar 7 2010 4:14 AM

jayjonbeach:
    handicaps are ONLY calculated from TOURNEY'S, period.

All i know is that i am TIRED of playing "pro's" for cheese (money) games that have better avgs than i do!?  And of coarse stat's should also be counted in Match Chalange's... In fact.. thats the ONLY time stats should be counted, period.  The whole thing is Bass Ackwards.

bbeards4 (CLINT)

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Mar 7 2010 8:03 AM

jayjonbeach:
    Up/Down/Side hill lies

This is what I'm waiting on.When this is added it will change the game dramatically.As of now all shots are based on a flat,even lie(when in the fairway).

One example is KW #3 drive.My drive sometimes hangs up on that hill right before you get to the patch of rough.That would be considered a down hill lie and hard to get loft on it but right now I can stop it on a dime from almost any lie with little to no roll out.Not very realistic but pretty easy.I don't care how hard it is I just want all avaliable options when addressing the ball.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sun, Mar 7 2010 9:30 AM

raidermatt1:
    I would really like to see the up/down/side hill lies implemented. Hopefully the game will become more challenging and bring scores up to a realistic level.

----------------------------------

GITrDONE:

jayjonbeach:
    Up/Down/Side hill lies

This is what I'm waiting on.When this is added it will change the game dramatically.As of now all shots are based on a flat,even lie(when in the fairway).

One example is KW #3 drive.My drive sometimes hangs up on that hill right before you get to the patch of rough.That would be considered a down hill lie and hard to get loft on it but right now I can stop it on a dime from almost any lie with little to no roll out.Not very realistic but pretty easy.I don't care how hard it is I just want all avaliable options when addressing the ball.

I agree wholeheartedly here, this is a game changer.  Probably the biggest change to the physics that WGT will have done in sometime and definitely more realistic and more challenging.  

Also, more frustrating too though!!   Oh yeah, all those shots where you're really in trouble and get a nice easy out, will be gone, yikes. 

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 12:05 PM
    andyson wrote the following post at 03-05-2010 10:00 AM: JMO, whatever handicap system is devised, someone will find a way to beat it. Anyone save a copy of the previous Roadmap? I thought a Driving Range was on there, no? No mention of more pin placements on Kiawah?? And with all the whining about quitters, the Player Reputation feature should be given some priority and be implemented before groups ************************************************************************************************ And to ensure that reputation has some "extrinsic" meaning, the cost of equipment might be adjusted based on reputation! HB3
  • PAGES
RSS