Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Time out

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 5 2010 4:55 PM (5 replies)
  • duffer66
    700 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 6:24 PM

Why do you get timed out on your down swing. Happened 3 times and and then lost a good match AS after hole 15 sudden death. Said I disconnected 3 times.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 5:38 AM

duffer66:
    Why do you get timed out on your down swing.

Don't take 89 seconds to start your swing.

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 7:11 AM

Sounds like:  A) at least 3 time outs  B) 3 disconnects C) sudden death match that

went at least 4 holes.... This may be the record for the longest match ever played.

No thanks..lol  

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 10:41 AM

Your right YJ but things do come up like the better half wants to know why this or that is happening to her car. Be nice to have a pause feature for distractions that come up. Matter of fact is that the game never gave me a warning and the screen just froze, had the exit and then return to get it going again. Oh well s%$# happens. I think we were on the hole 6 of sudden death, great match spoiled.

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 11:38 AM

But what happens if it froze on you when loading and then it only gives you 20 seconds to aim and shoot?  Happened to me the first and only time I tried a match play here

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 4:55 PM

duffer66:

Your right YJ but things do come up like the better half wants to know why this or that is happening to her car.

Plus, duffer and I do a lot of chatting during the game, even on our turns because we're in no hurry.  Maybe a request to "take 5" that the other player agrees or declines.
    I went the 6 holes of SD w/ duffer and I never saw a timeout warning once.  But his side froze up 3 times and eventually killed the match.  I was a shame the system spoiled one of best (if not the best) matches I've had on WGT.

I'm wondering if timing out during the downswing triggered the whole mess?

RSS