Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Choppy play

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 3 2010 12:05 PM (2 replies)
  • TigerWoodPecker
    1 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 5:52 PM

When i putt sometimes the play is choppy and I have a red line from the ball to the hole, any thoughts?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Mar 3 2010 11:53 AM

Hi TWP,

The red line from the ball to the hole is most likely the putting grid.  That's displayed on the green so you can see the break and undulations in your putts.  Red is downhill and blue is uphill.

To help eliminate some of the choppiness you'll want to compare the specs of your system against our System Requirements.  If you're on the lower end of the spectrum or just barely over the minimum you should try lowering your graphics quality via the game options or playing in a smaller window.  For best performance you'll want to make sure your Flash player is updated to the most current version and that you're also using the most current drivers for your video card.

Good Luck =)

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Wed, Mar 3 2010 12:05 PM

There is information that can help you over there-------------->

Check out the Getting Started Tutorials and System Requirements.  There is also information in the FAQs section as well. 

As to your first concern, all you may need to do is make some adjustments to your system to optimize play.  Some have suggested shutting down 'Options' that you don't need...that seems to have helped me play a smoother game.  As to the red line, if you are reffering to the target line, it will be blue when you are within the distance of the selected club and the line turns red when you move the aim point outside that distance.  This is not to say the red line will not get you to the target, you'll still need to make adjustments like for wind and elevation, so a red line could be OK.  Again, check out tutorials for more info on both these subjects.

Joey

Edit: Sorry Niv, I was composing and did not see your post.

RSS