Help › Forums

Re: WGT on ESPN.com

Sun, Feb 7 2010 4:48 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 4:21 AM

borntobesting:
    It may be a flawless meter because you are playing through ES:PN's server and not WGT"S 

Not a chance, Still using their own server. Go over to the news section at the top of the page. click the Espn section to strt a round. Play 8 holes then X  out at upper right. You will be brought back to  WGT asking  you to continue or forfeit.  So its the same server dude.

ESPN paid them serious cash to send them a clean signal. For the benefit of their own fans.  It is a business after all and they have a good product to sell.  No one to sell it too here as far as I can see.   For all the changes they have made here with the updates only the ones you paid  for have made any significant improvement to the overall play of the game. Meter is no different.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 4:45 AM

I just played wgt on espn and if you have a tournament saved you play that and not ctth. And yes the meter was smoother, but with the window size being so small it was hard to see with my old  eyes and i had problems lining up some of my putts. And even with the smoother meter I still dinged the meter only as much as I do here.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 4:48 AM

borntobesting:
    I just played wgt on espn

Please just realize that you were not really "playing WGT on ESPN". You were playing WGT on WGT, because that's the only place where you can play it. It's just that the ESPN webpage gives you a different option to access WGT, and because (as Nivlac said) the size of the game window on ESPN is probably different from your usual size, it may appear that the game performs differently for you. (Just as when you put sunglasses on your nose, it may appear that the light conditions around you may have changed.)

• PAGES
RSS