Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Clubs

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 3 2010 8:11 AM (4 replies)
  • Shortbus69
    1 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 3:21 AM

I Just bought clubs and I'm very unhappy with them,,,, can I return them for a another type or did I just waist twenty five dollars?

I see I can sell them back, I just payed over 24 dollars for them a few hours ago and if I sell them back to the pro shop I only get 6 dollars of that 24 back...... If thats the only option then.... &%$#$(@!_)(%^$#

I thought a higher meter ment slower but I was way wrong!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 4:45 AM

Unfortunately you're not going to get any sympathy on the forums because you did not do  your homework before you made the purchase.  Especially if you take an adversarial position and complain about the WGT buy back policy.   The specs and policy are all there in black and white, your bad for not reading or understanding it.

That being said, I think you have a better chance of getting your problem resolved quietly via e-mail to members@worldgolftour.com.   Sounds to me like you made an honest mistake.  Plead your case in a civil manner in an e-mail.  Select the clubs you'd like to trade for and offer WGT the deal you are prepared to make.

You want a slower meter.   Good news is the Rapture Pros have the slow meter and will last you quite a while.  And either the Spider or Daytona putter is slower than the Redwood.

Bad news is it will cost you anywhere from $8 to $11 more to correct your mistake.  Add that money to your account to demonstrate it is a good faith offer and send your e-mail today.

Good luck and I think you'll be happy with the Raptures.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 6:42 AM

This tricked me at first too but I did look deeper by asking here before buying anything.

I thought the better clubs would have a slower meter also and I'll bet we're not the only ones to think this, WGT should probably put a small explaination someone by the clubs that 1 is the worst quality to have but it is the slowest meter to have.

You might want to try and get used to those clubs, they have the same speed that all the top players here use and you can buy balls to slow the meter down. 

When you really want to get lower scores, you do have to go with faster meters unless you buy the raptures as Andy mentions, but they are not quite as precise as some of the other clubs.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 7:44 AM

jayjonbeach:
    I thought the better clubs would have a slower meter also and I'll bet we're not the only ones to think this

If you think this then you haven't looked at nivlac's fabulous club comparison chart or looked at the swing meter on the club spec page. Every club has one and it's quite visible and easy to understand. 

I think either Snaike or nivlac said it before---R.I.F. as in Reading Is Fundamental.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 8:11 AM

Oh yes, I did see these things but that was part of my point.

You do see that the meter has a speed of ____   BUT you dont know what that means.

Actually in Nivlacs thread I had to make a post to ask a question to be sure that I was going to pay and upgrade my clubs for a FASTER meter! 

It didnt make sense to me when I first joined, thinking that paying would get you a slower meter, wishful thinking *-) 

RSS