Forums

Help › Forums

Re: ball duration

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 1 2010 12:01 PM (4 replies)
  • Whatabuck
    14 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2010 3:33 PM

WGT I pay $118 for a sleeve of balls...Can you at least make them last a bit longer geeeeeez????

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2010 4:49 PM

if they are going to try to make this realistic, they should also then allow us to go pond diving after hours, use fake addresses for county course discounts, and sneak out and play a free round every now and then b4 hours, lol

• uoducks63
    53 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2010 5:03 PM

The other thing that would be nice to see happen would be if you didnt lose a ball just because it went in the weeds.   In real golf you have time to look for your ball and then take a drop,  it is not very often that you lose a ball just because its in the tall grass, the good balls dont last that long anyways with losing them in places that all you would have to do is bend down and pick up your ball and take a drop.....

• raidermatt1
    96 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2010 6:12 PM
    One time i hit my ball into a sprinkler on the fairway at kiawah. I got a free drop but lost the ball. So my avatar knows how to swing a golf club but doesnt have the ability to bend down and pick up a ball. Strange
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 12:01 PM

I'll have to agree and now that we have ads showing up on the forum page, maybe WGT will adjust this for us to be more fair!

This has been brought up before that having a ball go automatically lost in weeds or rough or worse a sprinkler is not fair nor realistic with paid for balls.

I also agree the duration could be adjusted to have them last a little longer too again for reasons stated above. 

My recommendations: 

Ball goes into weeds, rough etc,  the ball loses 25 - 33% of its durability, if that depletes it then its gone. 

Ball goes into the water its gone, durability not an issue. 

2 durability ball = 5 rounds.  3 = 7 and 4 = 9. (also, 5,6,7 rounds would be fine too for 2,3,4 durability respectively) 

This is still going to be a steady stream of income, especially as the site grows. People will always need and lose balls as they keep playing. 

RSS