Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Any chance we'll see a Masters only Rapture 8½º Driver in the future?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 30 2010 12:46 PM (3 replies)
  • mpgAAAA
    25 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2010 10:43 AM

I'm not a gamer just a run of the mill old guy trying to enjoy a few hours with friends across the country doing something fun.  But that said I'm also have a competitive streak so would like to perform as well as I can in this simulation game.

I hit Rapture driver and irons today as a pro because I am fast meter challenged (probably from never playing any other video game) .  I feel like I could eventually move up to Master but know the game will not be enjoyable if I'm spraying the ball all over the course with a fast meter driver.  I do hit fast meter wedges in which i regularly miss the sweet spot.  The difference is a few degrees off on a 40 yd shot gives you a 10 ft putt where the same miss on a 275 yd driver puts you out of bounds.

So in the event that WGT personnel read these posts I'm requesting a Masters only Rapture 8½º Driver.  I realize Ping doesn't make such a club but I'm fine if you call it a "Ding" instead of "Ping" driver just so I can ding the meter ;-)  I'm not asking for a 275 yd club I'm happy to give away 10 yds to the guys that can hit the fast meter but I've played the master tees in practice rounds with my 255 yd Rapture driver and can't compete on a number of the holes.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2010 11:01 AM

You haven't even made Master yet and you're requesting a Master Rapture?  You've never hit the G10 or R9 master clubs so you don't know how they are.  If you're having that much trouble with the meter why don't you try a GI or GI2 ball?  The can make even the fastest of meters slow enough to manage and slower meters ridiculously slow.

FYI, I've competed against Master players that still choose to use the Rapture driver and they have beaten me.  It just requires that you hit a longer iron shot as as approach, kinda like real life.

IMO, I don't want any master level Rapture clubs at all.  Irons, wedges, or woods.  They don't exist in real life.  Professionals don't use game improvement clubs, the use performance clubs.  The few that do, like Rocco Mediate, sacrifice in distance and precision to play these clubs.  The same sacrifice players here make for chosing them.

If we make slow master level clubs then is it really like playing at a master level at all?  The game just becomes a joke and a cakewalk like TWO.  

Sorry for my opinion, lol.

• mpgAAAA
    25 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2010 12:04 PM

No prob, everyone has a right to their own opinion.  By the way I do hit GI2-D balls with the slow Rapture clubs (guess I really do suk).  I have also purchased and subsequently sold back the G10 irons (even a the ridiculous discount) because I could not hit them.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2010 12:46 PM

mpgAAAA:
    By the way I do hit GI2-D balls with the slow Rapture clubs (guess I really do suk)

No worries man.  You don't suck you have a really good avg, better than most.  It just takes practice or getting used to the speed.  Sometimes I get in a groove and it seems like I can ding almost every time and then sometimes it seems I can go a hole round without dining it once.

I also still have my Rapture Pro clubs and switch back to those irons sometimes when I can't hit a lick.

I guess its just about feel and getting in a groove.  A nice, smooth, stutterless and spikeless meter sure helps too.

There are also a lot of other players  that share your opinion for a master level Rapture Driver or also Rapture wedges.  I don't because I don't want to make this game too easy, like TWO.  I feel that the new putter has fit this mold as well.  

Happy shootin :)

RSS