Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Rapture Clubs

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 30 2010 9:37 AM (4 replies)
  • Boots89
    42 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2010 8:09 AM
    I`ve had the Rapture Clubs for a while at first I thought that it was me and it would just take a little time to learn how too use them BUT now I think it`s the clubs as I have had them for some time now and can`t seem to master them I need a distance of 145 yards so I take my 145 club an guest what I don`t get 145 that`s just one example I find alot of the culbs don`t give what they should Has anyone else been having that kind of PROBLEM ??And if so have you reported it to WGT !
  • OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2010 8:36 AM

No its just you except for the 7 iron, as I mentioned in this post.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/8573.aspx

Also don't know if you're factoring in wind and elevation into the shot as well.   I will say that there are a few approach shots that just tend to come up a little short.  The more I play the more I remember these locations and factor an extra click or 2 of power.  Bethpage can be particularly cruel wit its elevation changes, its very easy to come up short there on several greens.

If you have more issues please give specific shot examples to discuss, like course, hole yardage, club, and wind info so that perhaps someone could better assist you.

Hope it turns around for you with the Raptures. :)

• Boots89
    42 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2010 8:50 AM

I factor ALL things in I still say the CLUBS have PROBLEMS.

Thanks for your POST.

I also find you can`t rely on what they tell you #15 bethpage you have to add in the heith of the green BUT # 18 bethpage you Don`t ????

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2010 9:28 AM

Boots89:
    Thanks for your POST.

I also find you can`t rely on what they tell you #15 bethpage you have to add in the heith of the green BUT # 18 bethpage you Don`t ????

You're welcome.  

I find on Bethpage #15, elevated about 36 yards, approximately 20-25 extra yards of club is needed to hit the front of that green.  This is relative to wind conditions tough.  Very tough green to hold.  The front left is the best landing spot for a front pin placement as the ball can funnel back around and down close to the cup if you're lucky.  So hard to hit and stick that one though. it's the hardest hole in the entire game IMO.  I'm very, very happy if I can come away with a par there and really go into that one hoping not to make worse than bogey.  Sometimes you might not have enough club to get there even with a 3W, and are better off just laying up and hitting a wedge that I would add about 10 extra yards to the shot.

On #18 the elevated green typically requires 5-10 extra yard of club, depending on where your tee shot comes to rest.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2010 9:37 AM

BPB plays long. The elevation changes skew your club yardage expectations (except for that known-issue 7) such that you need to think long. A good start would be to trust the caddy in practice just to see what it does. I think you'll find that if you attack BPB instead of trying to be perfectly accurate you'll find yourself in a favorable position more than you won't.

Instead of hitting that 7i max try hitting the  6i and backing off the backswing. The 8th hole is a good example for me. From the blues it's 182. My Taylor 5i goes 185 but it will always land in the front trap unless wind helps it. Switching to the 197 yd 4i and hitting about 90% with backspin gets me a birdie putt almost every time, wind included. When you have to max out a swing to get the perfect shot a lot of the times you'll hose yourself. Miss-hitting a longer iron hurts less.

RSS