Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Is this doable?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 29 2010 6:25 PM (5 replies)
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 7:29 AM

If not weekly, a once a month, 4 day tournament played like the real tours do, Thursday to Sunday, with a cut for the weekend.

Play round thursday and friday with level down pins.  Top 50% make the cut (because who knows how many will enter).  On the weekend everyone plays next tier up pins.

And maybe also down the road a match play tournament, pay 200 credits each, 128 entries, with set 7 day window to set and play matches.

I think it would be an awesome addition.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 10:08 AM

I must agree that any additional tournament scenes that emulate PGA Tour competition would be most agreeable to WGT Tour players. A four round 72 hole event is most desirable. It should be a weekly addition that, because of the time element we all factor differently, could/should be played at an individual's own pace without any particular time frame deadlines beyond completion of the 72 holes at weeks end.

A match play tournament would be a likewise awesome addition, but at first thought it would seem to be complicated business to have any smoothness in operation.

Very good ideas ND   

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 12:00 PM

It would be a logistical nightmare and probably never happen....

But could you imagine an online tourney based on real life tourney set up, with assigned tee times and partners based on previous standings, etc? 

Not realistic, but the potential leaves me salivating!

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 1:20 PM

I mean, that woudl be awesome VanHalen, but I think thats a little more than what I am looking at.  For the 4 day tourney, 3 days per round I think would be enough.  I am I think a 1 day a round is doable, you would just lose people from not playing.

They have a multi-round event every week, but I cant stand waiting for the 2nd round, make another 4 rounds with a cut.  I think thats doable. 

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 5:59 PM

I agree neildiamond,

just throwing it out there for my wish list, lol.

'It can't sing and dance, and it can't walk'

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 6:25 PM
    thats why cash has faces on it...right?
RSS