Forums

Help › Forums

Re: swing meter is hanging up! Then says unexpected error and clears me out!

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 28 2010 6:48 AM (1 replies)
  • jenniferjohnson3
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:58 PM

It seems that as soon as I do well soom error comes up. My main problem is the swing meter. One minute it is slow the next it is goin a hundred miles an hour, not counting it hanging up, the start stop thing! Please help me!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 6:48 AM

jen-Your meter is never going to be totally right-it's a fact of the game right now. Everybody has the same problem to some degree. What you can do is make sure there are no outside influences on the game from stuff already running on your computer. If you haven't looked at it take a peek at what WGT recommends for you. It's under System Requirements---->.

A good habit to develop in playing the game is letting the swing go without clicking. You can do this as often as necessary to get the jerking out of the meter. A lot of times you'll be ready to swing but the game might still be doing something in the background (like loading) that you don't see. This will affect your meter.  Nivlac (author of the Putting Tips) once suggested waiting 15 seconds before swinging to let the game stabilize. Once you develop this habit then you can react to an unexpected meterfart a little better.

Lastly, knowing you are not going to have a perfect meter every time the best strategy is to yell, scream, throw the mouse or whatever then play the next shot smart!  It's all about how good you are at golfing, not clicking. Recover, recover, recover. Don't try to make heroic shots to make up for a bad hit. I realize this answer to your plea kinda sucks but it's the way it is. It will get better as you get better. GL

YJ

RSS