Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tour pro clubs

Mon, Jan 11 2010 4:28 PM (6 replies)
  • Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 8:50 AM

I have all the Master equipment (R9,G10's etc) but was getting a bit sick to have to buy expensive meter slowing balls to practice with. Thought id try to mimic the meter speed of my serious game setup with something a little cheaper for economy and decided to buy a set of tour pros to play around with. Also as an ex rapture user i wanted to see how they fared against the most expensive slow meter in the game.

This was the first ranked round I played with them and 3rd round since i bought them. I had the tour pro driver, 3 wd and irons, a v1 rapture hybrid  and the cheapest spin ball they do (the 10c one). Kept the spyder putter and bought along some better wedges incase i got in trouble. I was surprised at how similar they were to the raps and double surprised at how the driver performed from the back tees. All in all a good way to practice without burning up expensive balls and keeping a similar speed meter to your competetive game setup.

Missed a 12ft putt for bird on 4 and a missed ding on 8 meant i didnt hold the green otherwise could easily have been a 30.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 9:19 AM

That`s similar to what I did a few weeks ago. I was playing around on the CTTHs, just kind of warming up my swing. I then entered the 9 hole single play...forgetting to change my clubs and balls out.

So here I am after my first drive, shaking my head in disgust with myself, with three hybrids, the biggest one-the ping master 220yds.(the Only master club in my bag), and the freebie balls playing from the master tees. I shrugged it off and played through, scoring a 32, still shaking my head(in somewhat disbelief) and thinking...good practice, and I didn`t even burn up the good balls doing it,lol.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2010 5:45 AM

LOL at that mef-lilrob's tournament Saturday night was the Tiger No-Woods open where no drivers, fwy woods or hbs were allowed. I had equipped my bag with 5 wedges to play. A fun tourney that went off well. However, I forgot that I had changed the clubs for that game and jumped into a RTG at BPB, high winds from the blue tees. Imagine my surprise when on the first tee I see me ready to go with a friggin 3i!! Oops-forgot about that, chief, in the words of Maxwell Smart. 

39 strokes later I was able to change it. DOH!

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2010 6:25 AM

Ha - where did you finish in the ready go YJ?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2010 7:10 AM

Spacklero:
    Ha - where did you finish in the ready go YJ?

100 credits poorer   :(

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2010 7:58 AM

I've been playing with the tour starter irons and wedges for a long time now.

They're really not that bad, except for the long par 3's.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2010 4:28 PM

Oi vay, I just did it again on the weekly multi round. Shot a 68 and will miss the cut. Of course I hit every fairway and 14 greens. My driving accuracy was 0% cuz of the HBs. The thing was, the "slow" greens got me. I had 10 two putts, eight of the ten lags left me with 6inches or less to go. 4 one putts for bird, and 4 to save par.

It came down to me and my Redwood. As the saying goes "It doesn`t matter what tool you have in the bag, it`s if you know How you use it that counts ! "

RSS