Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Master level 3 Wood - Ping or TM and why?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 14 2010 9:37 PM (3 replies)
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 11:14 AM

It seems 90% of the Master level players have chose Ping from what I have seen.

This makes me curious, they are the same yardage, price, meter speed (although I see some people say Ping is always slower regardless if rating the same?) spin and shot shaping.

The only difference is in precision and forgiveness which might come down to personal preference, but again I wonder why everyone chose the Ping (I see 98% of everyone chose the TM driver no doubt for the extra yardage, big sacrifice in precision however from 8 to 5 for the extra 5 yards)

Ping has 7 precision 4 forgiveness, TM has 6 and 5.  Hitting from so far out (most of the time) I am surprised so many chose the precision over forgiveness.

TIA for any insight.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 11:17 AM

Loft trajectory.

The PING 3w has High loft compared to the Medium loft of the of the R9.  The PING 3W arcs higher and lands softer than it's counterpart.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 11:54 AM

nivlac:

Loft trajectory.

The PING 3w has High loft compared to the Medium loft of the of the R9.  The PING 3W arcs higher and lands softer than it's counterpart.

Thanks that is what I kind of figured, affected more by wind a little but made up for on landing.

I guess the same would apply to the irons then too as I noticed that with the full set.

• Baiken
    53 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2010 9:37 PM

ditto

RSS