Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How to properly use chip and pitch clubs: A guide V2.0

Thu, Aug 3 2023 5:05 PM (335 replies)
  • NickolasMagos
    33 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2020 3:55 PM

SW and LW are cheap and i don't buy golf balls, but all my other equipment is top notch.  Maybe its the wrong strategy.  But today I got some puzzling results.  On some shots I get it 2 to 3 yards from the flag, and on other shots 5 to 8 yards.  Same formula used.  I can only guess sometimes the ball hits a down slope and takes off because the wedge doesn't have enough stopping power.

• NickolasMagos
    33 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2020 11:46 AM

I think it's a case of forgetting to put back spin on some shots when I rush and that explains the 5 to 8 yard misses.  Normally I get it 2 to 3 yards, unless the down slope gradient is severe.

Pro Tour wedges have a spin value of 1.  Better than the starter ones that have 0.5, but nothing like the expensive ones.

• NeedBeerNow
    6 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2022 7:06 PM

I am good at pitching so I do that.

• Wizardry71
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2023 5:49 AM

I saw your post and had to play it over and over.   It’s a long approach shot.  There’s a flatter part of the green that I def want the ball to land on but it lies PAST the flag in most cases.  I actually put on a club that calculates way to much.  Like 12 yrs past and then fade or hook slightly with spin … it worked about 5 times out of the seven I tried on that hole.  

very challenging though 

• KMY091047
    6 Posts
    Thu, Aug 3 2023 10:52 AM

I find myself on a green, but have a lot of ugliness between me and the hole.  It appears I can still hit a pitch or chip but I am unable to hit a flop shot if I am on the green.  Is this normal?

What are the benefits of hitting a pitch, chip or flop shot from a bunker?

• dryspot
    690 Posts
    Thu, Aug 3 2023 5:05 PM

Dont think u can use flop on green

RSS