Help › Forums

Re: Which Clubs To Buy

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 4 2010 12:10 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bucknut68
    84 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 2:01 PM

hey ivan! purchased the rapture set not too long ago, with the redwood. Still getting used to the raptures(as far as distance control..more practice) the speed is barely noticeable compared to starters. Putter is great, very accurate. Bought 1 taylor wedge, meter is faster but you get used to it quickly. Just my 2 cents. Good luck and hope to see you out there.

• robz0r
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 12:59 AM

Hey Ivan, recent Pro upgrade as well. I bit the bullet and just went straight for the Higher Speed, it does take a few rounds to get used to, and if you arent careful a few shots can get away from you(ohhh and that lag monster can cause a nasty shank)

From an upgrade stand point though.I bought the Pro Tier Burner Set, I like the idea of having a higher end spin control and better precision I find sitting my shots closer to the pin because I am terrible at putting much more needed.

You could easily make a case for higher forgiveness though, PING Rapture Pro V2 is considerably slower, but really lacks the precision and spin control I believe you would want if you were looking to save a bit of cash by purchasing a complete set.

If you are looking to save money in the long run. I would suggest doing what I did.

Pro Tier Burner Set 25$(Sooner or later if I ever hit Master I really only need to upgrade my Driver Immediately, I don't think the Irons will massively justify an immediate upgrade.

Redwood Putter 6$

64 Z Satin 2.5$? every time I hit this from a fairway to a green, I am within 6 feet, normally within 3. Possibly the best club in the game. Remove Hybrid from the bag.

Came out to 35$ roughly? I put some extra credits for when I finally decide to play a R2G and buy some cheap balls.

• clsgolfer69
    21 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 12:10 PM
    Ivan: If you are worried about meter speed just buy some WGT GI-D golf balls. clsgolfer69
  • PAGES
RSS