Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ball con.

Sun, Jan 7 2024 2:32 PM (1 replies)
  • MattyNic0
    28 Posts
    Thu, Jan 4 2024 5:56 PM

Only been playing just over a month and have spend a fortune in credits buying new balls.  I can accept it if I've lost one but the durability on them is appalling unless you want to spend silly amounts which I haven't got.  I've started to notice though that the bog standard ball is almost as good at stopping on the green as the ones with 2 an 2,5 bar spin.  Buggered if I'm playing with anything else again.  It's just a big con.   

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Sun, Jan 7 2024 2:32 PM

If you hit two balls with a spin attribute of say 4 and 1, with an iron with a spin attribute of say 0.5, then the results you get will probably be pretty similar. But if you hit the same balls with an iron with a spin attribute of say 4, then the results you get will be noticably different.

The balls are not the same, but the clubs you hit them with, make the difference more or less noticable.

With high spin clubs and balls you can make shots back up (reverse) on the greens, which is fun, but you can find yourself back on the fairway if you overdo it.

RSS