Re: Greens Conditions

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 21 2024 11:32 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2024 5:27 AM

lonniescott711:
    I stand corrected , my fault . It seems my mind is actually going in my old age along with the rest of me .

Hey, it happens to the best of us and (like me) the worst of us. 😀

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2024 8:21 AM

i guess i should at least put the info out there for him. You can see the green speed on your approach shot or your opponents. if either shot stops on the green. 

when the ball is in the air. tap the logo top left of screen. it will open a menu. immediately close the menu. 

the green speed will be displayed where it normally is.you can see it until the shot is completed. 

obviously this isn't that helpful if you're the first one to hit an approach shot. however if you miss the green and your opponent hits it then you can see the green speed during their shot. 

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2024 4:25 PM

Mythanatos:

when the ball is in the air. tap the logo top left of screen. it will open a menu. immediately close the menu. 

the green speed will be displayed where it normally is.you can see it until the shot is completed. 

obviously this isn't that helpful if you're the first one to hit an approach shot. however if you miss the green and your opponent hits it then you can see the green speed during their shot. 

That implies you will only see the green speed if either you or your opponent will hit the green; if the shot you are checking isn't going to hit the green, then the speed won't show up.  Is that what you meant?  And is it only on approach shots, or can you check on a drive?  Some par 4 greens can be hit with a driver (particuarly on Wolf Creek), so would the speed show up when the drive is in the air?

How did you come across this?

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2024 6:56 PM

Mythanatos:

i guess i should at least put the info out there for him. You can see the green speed on your approach shot or your opponents. if either shot stops on the green. 

Well I must say this answer would be what the player really needed to hear!

However, your first answer skewered him like a piece of chicken. Then you barbequed him like he was a Cajun pork chop!

...and he has a puppy dog too!

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Tue, Feb 20 2024 2:19 AM

ledroid0:
    It would be nice to know the status of the greens BEFORE teeing off on the first

If your playing a wgt tournament if you click on the details tab it will show you the green speeds.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Feb 20 2024 7:02 AM

MioKontic:

Mythanatos:

That implies you will only see the green speed if either you or your opponent will hit the green; if the shot you are checking isn't going to hit the green, then the speed won't show up.  Is that what you meant?  And is it only on approach shots, or can you check on a drive?  Some par 4 greens can be hit with a driver (particuarly on Wolf Creek), so would the speed show up when the drive is in the air?

any shot that finishes on the green will work. if it's reachable with a driver then that will work also. assuming the ball stops on the green. If you do the trick and it doesn't show the green speed then you know the ball didn't land on the green before the animation finishes. 

as to how. I play alot of coin games. thousands upon thousands before they converted the flash PC over even.

I did it a few times by accident then figured out what i had done that was the same. It's a known thing but probably not publicized that much. i probably use it more on tiebreaks than anything.

I usually play in a cigar bar. im often distracted by other things around me. If i had some tap in birdie i may  not have even checked the green speed. then i end up with some chip or pitch or flop shot out of the rough or bunker and i need to know the green speed for that shot. 

pinehurst has a few of these. congressional. chambers bay. 

so if i the opponent goes first on the TB ill check green speed again if i wasn't paying attention before. 

it's handy to have the knowledge from time to time. 

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Tue, Feb 20 2024 10:18 AM

Mythanatos:

so if i the opponent goes first on the TB ill check green speed again if i wasn't paying attention before. 

it's handy to have the knowledge from time to time.

The problem I've encountered happens if you are too late with the 3 dot clicking because the opponent's ball has stopped moving. My computer screen locks up. I then have to close down WGT and reopen it to clear the  screen to continue play.

To date, I haven't had to forfeit a game because of the closing down.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Tue, Feb 20 2024 10:21 AM

callaghan159:
    If your playing a wgt tournament if you click on the details tab it will show you the green speeds.

Yes. This works for Ready Go's and Brackets but it won't work for the Head to Heads or Showdowns.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2024 9:04 AM

MioKontic:

so did you try it Mio?

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2024 11:32 AM

Typical pompous reply with no intent to help. Why bother to reply? 

The green speed should be known and so should elevation and wind if you don't have "honors". No one is blindfolded in real golf and we can see the elevation and windspeed while waiting our turn to hit. Knowing all these conditions would speed up the game.

PS If you're second, or later, to arrive on the green you can get a sneak peek at the green speed.  

Mythanatos:

If you're in  a greenside bunker or rough and short shot yourself then you probably aren't going to have a low round anyway.

your scrambling and bunker save % is only 1/3. which means you don't know how to play the shots anyway. which is amazing because your GIR% is horrible so I know you get plenty of practice on the shots. 

Knowing the green speed isn't going to help in your case. You have other stuff in your game to worry about first. 

This isn't a blame the game problem.  

dacrash:

Brutal reply.   

• PAGES
RSS