Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tiers

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 16 2023 2:46 AM (4 replies)
  • Reefbeach
    16 Posts
    Mon, Oct 30 2023 10:04 AM
    Who at WGT decides the tiers of players? I played a level 99 Tour pro today with high level nineties gear and Titliest distance balls! Over three holes he had a distance advantage of 213 yards! A par three he was on the tee at139 yards from the pin. My tee was 232 yards!!!!! His average was 66! I was made a Legend at 60 something with an average of 150!!!
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2023 7:59 AM

Reefbeach:
    Who at WGT decides the tiers of players?

1) by average and no. of ranked rounds,

2) by level (XPs) and success in "coin" games. This is what you have done.

Reefbeach:
    I played a level 99 Tour pro today [...] His average was 66!
    This is unusual, as level and average call for a higher tier. Alas, this should be legitimate, as there's no visible way to influence this as a player.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2023 8:57 AM

alosso:
    This is unusual, as level and average call for a higher tier.

A player's level has no bearing on their tier.

Because the person who 'designed' the tier progression for those who don't play ranked rounds has left WGT, no one (apparently) knows how it works, which I find quite unbelievable because all you have to do is look at the code and work it out!  First rule of thumb in any industry, and particularly so in IT, is to not make anyone indispensible, which WGT failed to do in this case.  The best thing for WGT to do is to redesign and rewrite the tier progression system for coin-only players, but that will never happen.

The problem with low tier players being able to buy high level clubs is all WGT's doing, all because they realised they could make more money this way, with no regard to how it would affect the integrity of the game.

Players here say they should be allowed to buy any clubs regardless of their tier or level, just like they can in real life, but the difference in real life is that clubs don't necessarily make the player better; they don't hit the ball further if the player doesn't have the skill to do it, and they don't hit the ball straighter if the player has a poor swing.  Conversely, in WGT, regardless of the skill of the player, they will always be able to hit the ball further with a high-level driver.  And clubs and balls that give a slower meter will almost certainly allow players to hit the ball in the direction they want to.

My personal view is that WGT should go back to having clubs being tier specific rather than level specific (or maybe even both tier and level specific) as this would stop a lot of the sandbagging and restarting.  But WGT moved away from that many years ago and won't ever move back to it as it would be an admission that they were wrong in changing it in the first place.

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2023 3:28 PM

MioKontic:
    A player's level has no bearing on their tier.

It does at the lower levels.  You will be promoted to the next Tier based on your Level, up to Level 50.  Here's a handy chart:

• RhiannaHaley
    1 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2023 2:46 AM

Thanks for answering, I will keep it in my mind. I appreciate you.

RSS