Forums

Help › Forums

Re: TapJoy : Not Duly Paid

Mon, Nov 6 2023 10:30 AM (8 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,505 Posts
    Sat, Oct 7 2023 5:14 PM

So... I saw this message in my inbox and said to myself "why not"...

I started tapping, answering questions, watching videos, whatnot, and then on this website in particular, they were asking for my email address at the end of the session, claiming that it's needed to send a verification code. Well... it was leaving an unpleasant taste behind, but I provided it anyway, then waited and waited but nothing came in well over 10 minutes! I tried resending the code three different times and yet no success so I just moved on.

When I went back to check my email again hours later, all three of the verification codes were there. What the...

Alright, so let me get it straight... When you're asked to type in your verification code within five minutes and they send you one well past it, I can take it that they're not willing to pay, right? LOL Well, I just thought you folks should know. Rant over.

• CaptRon48
    184 Posts
    Sun, Oct 8 2023 6:38 AM

There is rip off after rip off on offers and surveys. I haven't qualified  for survey in months. Had one other day "pick the three colors of American Flag" I did and immediately get notice "you don't qualify for this survey" What are they looking for morons? 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,505 Posts
    Sun, Oct 8 2023 4:14 PM

I hear you, Ron. The new wave of digital stupidity, I guess. No more tapjoy & surveys for me... like showdowns.

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Mon, Oct 9 2023 1:59 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

I hear you, Ron. The new wave of digital stupidity, I guess. No more tapjoy & surveys for me... like showdowns.

You have to pick the right offers.  I will generally just pick the ones where you play games.  There have been numerous times where I haven't been rewarded (amounting to possibly somewhere near 20,000cr now) for completing an offer (or part of an offer), but I have come to realise arguing with Tapjoy makes no difference, so I just move on to another one.  There was one Tapjoy offer that annoyed me - Mistplay.  To be fair, I had already got all the credits I was supposed to get from the Tapjoy offer itself, but I continued to play games through Mistplay in order to get one of the vouchers.  When I reached the level required I applied for the voucher, only to be told that I had to take a selfie using the device's camera.  Apparently this had to be done to prove I wasn't a bot.  Taking a selfie at this point was no proof whether I was a bot or not, and is nothing more than unnecessary data collection by Mistplay, and a requirement they didn't tell you about before you started.  I declined to do this and so never got my voucher.  And now knowing that, I will never do another Mistplay offer or from other similar sites.

In a similar vain, I rarely do any of the RevU offers.  I have tried a few and they just aren't worth the time or effort.  They have many where you have to complete a 'simple quiz'.  What they don't tell you is how many questions there are, and often they can be in excess of 20, and not particularly simple (you can sometimes use Google to help you, but not for all questions).  Some of these 'simple' quizzes can take in excess of half an hour, particularly with all the adverts thrown in too, that they just aren't worth the effort for the low number of credits they are offering.  Then there are those quizzes where you have to answer a low number of questions (5 or less) and you have to get them all right, but the last question is so obscure that you have almost zero chance of getting it right.

With time you will learn which offers to do and which offers to steer clear of.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,505 Posts
    Mon, Oct 9 2023 2:34 PM

Very useful information, Mio. 👍👍 Appreciate it. Wish I knew it beforehand...

⇩⇩ Nice! Thanks for sharing it, BB. 👍👍 ⇩⇩

• BlackBogey
    278 Posts
    Mon, Oct 9 2023 4:31 PM

After having several issues with TapJoy not paying off, I have started only doing the games and only on double credit weekends. 

For the big payout games I only do ones anymore that meet 2 requirements: 

1) They must include a small reward for downloading/interacting with the game.  This way you'll have a better idea whether they are going to pay off in the end or not.  I've done several over the last few months that didn't offer this, and I ended up playing for a week to reach the first required level, only to find out they wouldn't pay because "download could not be attributed to TapJoy" or similar nonsense. 

2)  They must pay out a good return on credits for in-app purchases.  The really big rewards are nearly impossible for me to complete in the necessary timeframe.  But if I can find one that pays out double for in-app purchases that makes it OK to me. 

I just started one yesterday, Frost-something, and it already paid out 200 credits just for downloading and opening it.  Then today I got to Level 6 already which instantly paid out another 388 credits.  Now that it has paid out twice, I don't feel so nervous about making the in-app purchases, which pay out quite nicely - $9.99 = 6516 credits, $19.99 = 16052 credits, so for a few hours of time and $29.98 I'll "hopefully" get 23156 credits, which is about 7.5 times more than I'd get for just spending the $30 through WGT.

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2023 2:30 AM

Here's a good example of not being rewarded:

I didn't get the reward for reaching level 5, but I did get the reward for level 15.  I've learned it's pointless trying to reason with them, last time I tried they said I was using a VPN, which I have never done.  I've had many other instances like this too where I haven't been rewarded for a middle milestone.  Never mind, I'll just carry on and get the final reward for reaching level 20.

• tanneralis
    419 Posts
    Thu, Nov 2 2023 1:26 AM

To qualify for any survey you need to describe yourself as a 15 year old girl with 3 kids and an alcohol problem...you'll be fine then lol

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Mon, Nov 6 2023 10:30 AM

Another one not rewarded for passing a milestone:

I wonder if I'll get the reward for level 250???

EDIT:  Nope - didn't get the reward for level 250 either.

RSS