Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Where to download Windows desktop version?

Thu, Sep 28 2023 1:05 PM (4 replies)
  • CosmicDreams
    45 Posts
    Tue, Sep 26 2023 4:48 PM

Hey guys.  So yesterday, after the game updated, it deleted the golf.exe file in the WGT install folder, so the game wouldn't launch.

I tried a system restore to Sept 15th, which recovered the golf.exe file, but I'm stuck with this error after launching the program:

"Failed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0).
    Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatching
    editor and platform support versions."

I'm guessing the only way to fix this is a fresh reinstall, but can't find any link on this site to re-download the Windows desktop version.

Any help appreciated.

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Tue, Sep 26 2023 9:03 PM

Down at the bottom of this page there is a direct link that says "Download the App".

<-- <-- There is also a direct link under HELP just to the left of this post that says "Get the App".

If those 2 methods are too difficult to find, or not working, try this:

https://m.wgt.com/?utm_source=wgt&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=navbar

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Sep 27 2023 6:06 AM

CosmicDreams:

Hey guys.  So yesterday, after the game updated, it deleted the golf.exe file in the WGT install folder, so the game wouldn't launch.

I tried a system restore to Sept 15th, which recovered the golf.exe file, but I'm stuck with this error after launching the program:

"Failed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0).
    Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatching
    editor and platform support versions."

I'm guessing the only way to fix this is a fresh reinstall, but can't find any link on this site to re-download the Windows desktop version.

Any help appreciated.

https://m.wgt.com/

• CosmicDreams
    45 Posts
    Wed, Sep 27 2023 7:16 PM

So on my Windows 7 machine, the only download options were the mobile Mac, Android, & Amazon apps.

I switched to my Windows 10 machine, and was able to get the Windows desktop download.  Reinstalled it on my Windows 7 machine, which fixed everything for now.

Thanks for the responses, take care.

• UVBLUE47
    1,049 Posts
    Thu, Sep 28 2023 1:05 PM

I downloaded STEAM and was able to get the Game.

RSS