Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Players forfeit on Tournament and I get penalized

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 23 2023 12:41 AM (6 replies)
  • CurtPick
    15 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2023 8:43 AM

This has happened several times, I'll try to explain the best I can.

I was playing the Totally Rad tournament last evening. Player forfeited. Your program notes there was a problem with the connection,  and ask to cancel or retry. I hit retry, and it locks up. Only way I can proceed is to restart on Android.

Once that happens it gives me Double bogies for the remainder of that round.

I was 4 under at that point in round 2. 

My time is important to me. I'm lucky to play everyday.

I've been playing for yrs now and am ready to hang up on your tournaments.  And certainly will not spend any monies on this program until these issues are fixed.

Get your mind off the money, take care of your customer base, because if people begin to quit, you have nothing in the end.

Just my 2 cents. 

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2023 2:09 PM

CurtPick:
    I'll try to explain the best I can.

No need, it happens numerous times to many players every showdown.

CurtPick:
    it gives me Double bogies for the remainder of that round.

That's not true, you will sometimes get bogeys for the remaining holes, sometimes for all 3 holes (and sometimes it will let you continue unaffected, and sometimes you have to replay the holes), but it will never give you double bogeys.

A lot of players have stopped playing showdowns for this exact reason, you might as well join the group.

• CurtPick
    15 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2023 2:54 PM

MioKontic:

CurtPick:
    I'll try to explain the best I can.

No need, it happens numerous times to many players every showdown.

CurtPick:
    it gives me Double bogies for the remainder of that round.

That's not true, you will sometimes get bogeys for the remaining holes, sometimes for all 3 holes (and sometimes it will let you continue unaffected, and sometimes you have to replay the holes), but it will never give you double bogeys.

A lot of players have stopped playing showdowns for this exact reason, you might as well join the group.

I stand corrected. 

It did it again on the last 3 holes at Wolf Creek. But this time I was allowed to replay those holes.

Here is another problem I'm sure they've heard. 

First time playing those holes was low wind ,slow greens.

Second time moderate, and very fast.

So, anyway you look at it, no one is playing on a level playing field.

I'm done with those tournaments. 

I mean, how had is it to set the conditions the same for everyone? Seems like they have a lot more issues than I thought. 

• Tabarnak777
    168 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2023 8:38 PM

If you get the Cancel/Retry window don't click Cancel right away. Click Retry a couple of times then wait 40 seconds. Then click Cancel. It will spin for a few secs then it will burn a timeout. You will be able to continue again. It's the only way that i found to avoid these bogeys. Don't use any timeouts just in case that will happen again.

What actually happens is that WGT is throwing you into a retry connection window that YOU DON'T SEE. The 40 sec is to make sure that this window is really activated. Once you click Cancel after the wait the fake window disappear and an hidden timer is running (in fact you see it spinning only). This is why a timeout is consumed, right after the glitch is avoided and done. But you don't lose anything that way!

Hope it helps!

• CurtPick
    15 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2023 9:03 PM

I appreciate the reply. 

But....really?

I shouldn't have to figure out a known bug and do voodoo just to play.

It's on the developers to get it fixed. 

I'll just not play them any longer. 

Thanks

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2023 8:14 AM

Tabarnak777:
    What actually happens is that WGT is throwing you into a retry connection window that YOU DON'T SEE. The 40 sec is to make sure that this window is really activated. Once you click Cancel after the wait the fake window disappear and an hidden timer is running (in fact you see it spinning only). This is why a timeout is consumed, right after the glitch is avoided and done. But you don't lose anything that way!

Very interesting.  How did you figure this out, particularly the bit about the retry connection window you can't see?

It would be good to hear from others who may have used this method so that we can substantiate if it works, and, more importantly, if it works every time.

• Avinashokka
    743 Posts
    Wed, Aug 23 2023 12:41 AM

That’s essentially what I do. I don’t bother with clicking Cancel or Retry. I just wait until my shot clock times out. It takes a bit of faith to wait because all I can see is the spinning wheel and there is no actual visible shot clock but after 45 seconds the time out message appears, partially obscured by the cancel/retry window then the screen refreshes, the one timeout remaining warning appears and I’m allowed to continue my game. 

I think this method has been reported before. It works moderately well for me in Showdowns although in one recent coin game (non showdown) it failed to work at all, the wheel just kept spinning for 5 minutes until I gave up and exited. 

RSS