Help › Forums

Re: Forfeit glitch during Sharktooth Showdown

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 2 2023 7:01 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mik11235
    55 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2023 12:48 PM

I have tried that but it can also kick you out of the game. I suggest if you do it, do it as soon as you can, otherwise... 3 bogeys.

• GArmstrong8
    1,198 Posts
    Tue, Jul 18 2023 2:45 PM

beaverMakerofDam:

I got error code 1072 on the last hole of the opening 3 about to go 2 under. Instead the game wouldn't recover from the glitch and I came back on to see that I was even par through 3... Very unfortunate.

I realize this is not supposed to occur during showdown events as this has happened to me a couple of times before. In those instances the game continued and I played to finish alone. 

It may have something to do with being in chat box mode as the opponent forfeits. I was typing a message to him as he left. If anyone has any idea of why/how the glitch takes place I would appreciate the info...probably just going to turn off chat functionality during showdowns just in case for now.

I've already sent a clip to WGT services...the cursory response so far is "the EA team is going to look into it"

Same happened to me, except it was the final 3 holes. In fact, the LAST HOLE!!!! Instead of getting -3 for the 3 holes, I end up EVEN!!!!!!!!   Come 'on MAN.  This isn't the first time this has happened, so please fix this?!?!?!?!

The player forfeited, it went to cancel or retry, retry didn't work, and I timed out on two shots I had no way of shooting. Very frustrating, instead of a possible -10, I have to settle for -7.

• EntropiaBones
    16 Posts
    Tue, Jul 25 2023 3:02 PM

I am not sure if this is anyway connected , but during showdown I had someone let timer run down till it was expired. Then on last hole they did the same thing and logged out right before they putted. On the scorecard it showed they received an Eagle , but I have no way to see if it gave them that as a final score. 

I have noticed this timer exploit more than once. 

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Wed, Aug 2 2023 7:01 AM

The Forfeit glitch is still happening in the Sizzle Showdown. 

There have been several updates/fixes since this was first reported, and WGT has yet to fix it. 

• PAGES
RSS