Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Showdown royale

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 13 2023 2:16 AM (26 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,194 Posts
    Wed, Aug 9 2023 10:31 AM

I am through to the last round just playing my first 3 holes , me and my oppo had both birdied the first hole , then my iPad said I had lost connection , so I played the second hole on my mobile. Then I switched iPad back on and there was no issue with WiFi , tried to play got the circle then the game closed and have been awarded a bogey for the third hole which I never actually played . 

• CrazyJoeBonano1
    115 Posts
    Wed, Aug 9 2023 8:59 PM

Same courses and holes, but conditions are random like all other coin rooms.  My club sorted this out by tracking wind and green speed. You also don't necessarily get the courses in the same order as your competitors.

So if you look up and someone is -4 after 3 holes and you're playing a courses with 2 par 3's..... It's likely they got a part 5 or two in their first coin room course. 

• bossbird
    2,194 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 1:48 AM

Refunding entry fee , when there is a glitch is ok , thanks Nico , but that does not compensate for the reduction on awards , credits, coins and balls . This needs addressing ! 
    Funny how the glitches only happen through showdowns and not at any other time in coin rooms. That’s my experience anyway.  

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 7:28 AM

bossbird:

Refunding entry fee , when there is a glitch is ok , thanks Nico , but that does not compensate for the reduction on awards , credits, coins and balls . This needs addressing ! 
    Funny how the glitches only happen through showdowns and not at any other time in coin rooms. That’s my experience anyway.  

Well I got screwed by the 3 Bogey bug on the first 3 holes.  -4 won it.  I think I would have at least tied.  Those first 3 affected me mentally afterwards so I know I would have done better than 2 under for the final 6 holes.  And you're right about the refund as it doesn't take into account the reduction in the items won.  No doubt this definitely needs to be addressed and should be up at the top of the issue log.

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Sat, Aug 12 2023 2:58 PM

Nico - seeing as you've said you won't be looking at this bug any more (or words to that effect), isn't it about time WGT thought about changing how it's played, making it a single player competition, and taking it away from coin rooms?!?

Failing that (and I'm sure you'll say single player isn't an option, although I'm pretty sure there's no good reson for it), what have you done to try replicate the problem?  Have you spoken to players that have had the issue (there are many hundreds to choose from!)?  What about getting a few members together who are willing to partake in a test, getting one of a pair to forfeit and see what happens.  Get them forfeiting in different ways to see what difference it makes.  You could do it with your own staff, but quite frankly I'm not convinced they would have the knowhow to do it alone.  I'm sure at the end of the test (if done properly!) you will be able to determine the cause, and then hopefully find a fix for it.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Sat, Aug 12 2023 7:45 PM

MioKontic:

Nico - seeing as you've said you won't be looking at this bug any more (or words to that effect), isn't it about time WGT thought about changing how it's played, making it a single player competition, and taking it away from coin rooms?!?

<snipped>

I've brought this exact point up to Nico on Discord every time I'm given the "3 bogeys of death". Sure he refunds my entry fee and that's cool, but it doesn't resolve the issue of lost earnings.

We could play coin rooms, but only with those entered in the Showdown would improve things. 

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Sun, Aug 13 2023 2:16 AM

Duphpherer:
    We could play coin rooms, but only with those entered in the Showdown would improve things. 

That wouldn't work.  Yes you might get a game set up if you were one of the early ones to play each round, but imagine if most players have played, and now you are waiting for another showdown player to join you.  And don't forget that some players enter but don't actually play, so you could end up with no partner.  And there's the other complication that not everyone plays the holes in the same order, making it even more difficult to match you up with another showdown player who also needs the same 3 holes to finish.

RSS