Re: Tour Legend to Champion

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 2 2023 7:49 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2023 3:06 AM

protonc:
    At 750 to 774 my avg went up and down, at 775 my avg dropped by .08, and has dropped since.

I'm guessing this is as you became TL at 1,366 "ranked rounds" that you've just added 2,750 to what wgt now tell you at that stat'.  Problem is not everything counted there also counts toward  rr's when it comes to tiering up.

A couple of other things that probably don't matter: what you describe is saturation at 774 rounds and for it to do what you describe the 60 scored in the 775th would need to be replacing a 122.     

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2023 4:44 AM

DodgyPutter:

protonc:
    At 750 to 774 my avg went up and down, at 775 my avg dropped by .08, and has dropped since.

I'm guessing this is as you became TL at 1,366 "ranked rounds" that you've just added 2,750 to what wgt now tell you at that stat'.  Problem is not everything counted there also counts toward  rr's when it comes to tiering up.

A couple of other things that probably don't matter: what you describe is saturation at 774 rounds and for it to do what you describe the 60 scored in the 775th would need to be replacing a 122.     

Hey D, not sure what the 2,750 number Is, but I only look at the ranked rounds, not the total rounds that WGT added last year. So all ranked rounds after 1366 counted toward the magic number. 

During Clashes I do have some high rounds when trying to beat 70+ ft putts for longest putt, since it’s only 9 holes, 61 is possible, higher too.

This doesn’t matter, was stating what I noticed, take it for what it is.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2023 7:08 AM

protonc:
    Hey D, not sure what the 2,750 number Is, but I only look at the ranked rounds, not the total rounds that WGT added last year. So all ranked rounds after 1366 counted toward the magic number. 

Sorry my bad you would have 2,141 -  the 1,366 and got the 775.  

The important thing is that it's not a straight sum.  Par 3s, par 5s and custom courses don’t count toward average or saturation. Those rounds are included in the ranked rounds total in our stat's. I'm suggesting somewhere you played 24/5 of these.

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2023 7:42 AM

DodgyPutter:

The important thing is that it's not a straight sum.  Par 3s, par 5s and custom courses don’t count toward average or saturation. Those rounds are included in the ranked rounds total in our stat's. I'm suggesting somewhere you played 24/5 of these.

Yes, aware of 3-5’s. Not a huge fan of them, and rarely get to play 5’s in Clashes. I know they don’t affect Avg, but didn’t think they were ranked rounds.  If so, very well possible.  Odd, coincidence, etc. at 25 I guess. If it were 7, 12, 19 over wouldn’t have thought anything about it.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2023 7:49 AM

As I suggested earlier it was actually 24, you said your average changed dramatically on the 775th round and that would only happen the round after you saturated. 

• PAGES
RSS