Release Notes 2/22

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 3 2023 7:23 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTNico
    628 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2023 8:28 AM

Hey everyone, 

Here are the patch notes for this months update! 

All of these will be reflected in game on the client update which will be happening throughout this week (when you have the option to update your game). However, quite a few of them are already available in game.

Before getting into what's new to WGT, I want to talk about a couple things that will no longer be in game

Removing most of the sponsored balls from proshop

• we've noticed the proshop getting a bit too large so wanted to remove some of the balls that typically don't get purchased/used
    • this means the kitten ball is unfortunately no longer available  

Removing "Play Friends" on mobile devices

• with Matchplay and now Multiplayer Stroke Play being added to mobile, we made the decision to remove the convenient play friends tab, even though it is an extra step and a new flow to playing with friends. We feel this is a better overall system than what we had previously
    • now to play with friends, please go to either Matchplay or Stroke Play -> create game -> invite friends 

Multiplayer Stroke Play is now on all devices

• compete against 2-4 other players in traditional stroke play rounds
    • this will be live in the client update
    • skins and alt-shot are still coming, just at a later date (no current ETA)!

New way to earn credits through RevU

• New RevU offer wall for Android, iOS and Desktop
    • Head to the 'Free Credits' tab to see our newest offer from RevU.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue on PGA National Hole 4 where a player is in the bunker but is shown they are in the rough on the opposite side of the hole
    • Fixed an issue where club owners couldn’t remove Directors permission from editing the club message
    • Fixed an issue on iOS where Premier and Plus subscriptions only allowed monthly purchases even when yearly was selected
    • Fixed an issue where Goals that required playing a CTTH on St. Andrews would not complete and the GO button would throw an error

2023 USGA Esports Grand Slam - Virtual Open: Pebble Beach

• The 2023 USGA Esports Grand Slam Series Presented by Lexus is officially here!
    • Starting 3/15
    • Live show: 4/22
    • First tournament of the series
    • Compete for Amex gift cards, USGAShop.com gift cards, and more.

Apparel

• International Women's Day Shirt​
    • Loudmouth Blue Giraffe Shirt
    • BetMGM bucket hat

Miscellaneous

• WGT Live Series: March Open starting 2/25
    • Pot of Gold Showdown starting 3/15
    • BetMGM Coin Room

• ScottHope
    10,234 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2023 9:38 AM

Thanks Nico.  ; )

• TopShelf2010
    10,891 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2023 10:06 AM

Thank you Sir

• hardwick1
    744 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2023 12:08 PM

And the Chat Box issue that I and many others have been reporting for over two years remains. Worse yet WGT will not even acknowledge it let alone fix it.

• MioKontic
    4,631 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2023 1:01 PM

WGTNico:
    2023 USGA Esports Grand Slam - Virtual Open: Pebble Beach

Compete for Amex gift cards, USGAShop.com gift cards, and more.

What does the "and more" include?  It seems the prizes are aimed at US players only.

• hardwick1
    744 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2023 3:57 PM
    hardwick1
    708 Posts
    02-02-2023 2:54 PM

Please address the issue where players are locked out of the chat box. You can see the number of lines of chat that you have missed in a shadowed box but you can't click the box to get back into chat until you play your next shot.

Rather annoying and has been going on since the end of flash.

• hardwick1
    744 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2023 4:00 PM
    hardwick1
    710 Posts
    02-03-2023 3:43 PM

I'm not sure how I can be any more specific. 

No I don't have any screenshots. Just how would I get a screenshot of something that I can't do like open the gray chat box icon?

I have been reporting this since the end of flash to Member Services, Icon before he retired and to you before this.

I will try once more. I am just chatting away in the chat box. A hole will be completed and when the next hole starts the icon to open the chat box is gray. I click it but no go. I have to sit there and watch the number in the gray icon go 1, 2, 3 and so on so that I know that I am missing out on line after line of chat. I have to wait for my turn to hit my shot in the AS match before I can swing the club through and then click the icon to access the chat box. Once you sit there and watch the number get to double digits you are so far out of the flow of the chat that you just throw in the towel and quit chatting.

Some of us are here for the social aspect of the site, to chat with friends. The game, winning or losing fell by the wayside long ago.

• hardwick1
    744 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2023 5:37 PM

I forgot to add that I play PC only. As far as "works well for most goes", well I doubt that. In AS games at least 2 and sometimes all have the same issue.

• Slashline
    4 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2023 7:55 PM

I guess the "play friends" is gone on my laptop too. (PC, via Steam)

I haven't seen it in a couple days. Unfortunately, invites though the friends page is helpful as you can kinda see who's busy before you invite them.

Not feeling great about this. Or for having my laptop considered a "mobile device".

• PAGES
RSS