Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Can't get into the Chat Box

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 25 2022 8:20 AM (5 replies)
  • AugustWest82772
    45 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2022 11:36 AM

I am unable to type in the chat box, been this way for the last week.  Sometimes, I'm able to get my mouse into the thing but mostly, I can't.

Super frustrating. Apologies if this has already been talked about a lot but wanted to let WGT know. Not expecting much but still wanted to add this to the list, if there is one regarding chat problems.

It's not that the chatbox goes dim and I can access it, i can access it but I can't type in it.

Hope that makes sense. 

• SamSpayed
    4,904 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2022 12:39 PM

AugustWest82772:

I am unable to type in the chat box, been this way for the last week.  Sometimes, I'm able to get my mouse into the thing but mostly, I can't.

It's not that the chatbox goes dim and I can access it, i can access it but I can't type in it.

Does this help?

Solution HERE

• AugustWest82772
    45 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2022 1:28 PM

Appreciate the response but no.

The workaround I am using is pressing the send button first and some of the time, that gets me in the chat box. 

Hope there's a fix to this but since I am one of the few who are having this prob, guessing there won't be. 

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2022 1:44 PM

Even before this bug arose, the chat box was a bit hit and miss. If I couldn't type into chat directly, I found that pasting would work. So I would type something out in another app, notepad for example, then copy and paste that into chat instead. Yes I know it's a faff, but at least you could tell the other players why you weren't chatting.

• GolfClown3
    550 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2022 12:53 AM

Past week managed to type in chat box couple of times per 9 hole game, can see other players chat but can not type anything of mine.

Know chat box been rubbish since 'flash' ended but at least until now could use it.

Come on WGT what are you doing.

RSS