Help › Forums

Re: Recommend a putter

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 1 2022 11:22 PM (7 replies)
  • mbrodeur86
    2 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2022 6:45 AM

Hello,

I've been going through the forum and reading up on putters as I feel like I am not using the right putter for my game so I'm looking for definitive information if possible. 

I am a mostly miss the ding putter. I am currently using the Max control putter (L80+) and also own the Odyssey stroke lab black ten (L10+) 

My understanding is that because I miss the ding a lot that I should use a putter that has more forgiveness to keep it on line but I've read the opposite is true. So, which is it? Mind you that I'm still not 100% sure about what precision and balance do to help so I guess if someone could kindly break it down for me and recommend a putter given the info I've provided I would greatly appreciate it. 

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2022 2:03 PM

I'm afraid you mixed it up!

Forgiveness will let mis-hit putts stay in line, and this you want to avoid when off ding putting. This is because you mis-hit on purpose and want the putt react als much as possible. Forgiveness goes against that!

Increased precision will help you, as the putts will not stray as much in short range, and balance is similar in long range. More is better for both of these.

• SamSpayed
    4,911 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2022 2:06 PM

When you say you are a "mostly miss the ding putter", do you mean that you miss the ding on purpose to offset the break (i.e. you're an "off-ding" putter), or do you mean that you try to ding your putts (i.e you're a "ding" putter) but you unintentionally miss the ding a lot?

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2022 2:11 PM

I was a mostly "miss the hole" putter.  I found that most putters i tried allowed me to accomplish this...lol

• pmm711
    5,532 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2022 5:00 PM

I recommend Yiannis1970

• callaghan159
    6,232 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2022 5:18 PM

ct690911:

I was a mostly "miss the hole" putter.  I found that most putters i tried allowed me to accomplish this...lol

You were the best at that Colin....LOL....JK...when you going to start playing again.

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2022 11:12 PM

ct690911:

🤣🤣🤣 thanks for the laugh

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2022 11:22 PM

mbrodeur86:

Hello,

I've been going through the forum and reading up on putters as I feel like I am not using the right putter for my game so I'm looking for definitive information if possible. 

Wish to offer my 2 cents.

After looking at your stats, you’ll first want to practice the speed of your putts (whether you’re coming up really short or going by too far). Secondly your aim in conjunction with that speed. If you’re missing putts mostly below the hole then you’ll want to practice reading more break. After you’ve gotten a decent grasp at these two, then you could begin searching for the putter that will be best. But honestly the small deviations in decimal values from putter to putter aren’t going to make a considerable difference if the first to aspects aren’t worked on. 

Cheers!

RSS