Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Dissapearing Balls

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 16 2009 12:01 AM (7 replies)
  • GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 12:07 PM
    I mainly use GI-D Blue golf balls but some strange things have been happening? Noticed a few days back that my equipped balls had gone down by 4 even though I was not able to recollect more than the two times that I had actually hit them out? I put this down to experience but yesterday in the middle of a round on Kaiwah after I was safely on a green waiting for other players to putt, up pops the message "Out of Bounds" Equip new ball" ???? Sure enough when I check out my equipment, another GI-D ball has gone!! Whats going on here? @ 49 credits for 3 balls they may not be the most expensive but neither can I or many other players afford to throw away money (Not to mention the extra pressure this puts on what is hopefully a good relaxing hobby that we all attempt to improve our play in. Now I'll only use starter balls even though the GI-D does seem to be a better ball to use. That said, Thanks for the game site WGT "It's amazing"
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 3:47 PM

these balls were out there is a small bar next to the ball tee box when this runs out the will replace your ball.hope this helps.  have fun

chipshotcharlie

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 4:40 PM
    Hi Charlie, Thank's for your reply but sorry mate, how can a ball be out wen it is safely about 2/3 feet from a hole doing nothing while i'm waiting for my playing partners to have their "longer" putts before I putt out? Since I started again using the free starter balls, only once has a ball been lost but this was genuinely out! Something strange happening here?
  • mefitz
    372 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 5:09 PM

The pro shop balls have a durability factor and will "wear out" after a few rounds. If you have more of the same type of balls in your "bag",when one wears out, the caddie will hand you a new one. If not, you go back to the freebies.

There is a bar on the bottom right of the play screen that shows how much durability the ball has. When it gets low the bar turns from white to red to warn that it`s almost spent. When you get a new one, it tells you on screen "equiped new ball" or something like that.

The balls have different wear factors shown on screen when your in the pro shop. Check it out next time your there.  GL

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 5:42 PM
    Hi Mefitz, Yes I understand that thanks. However I have only been using purchased balls/clubs for about a week at most and playing bout 4 rounds per day. Surely the lifespan of purchased GI-D balls would be more than a round or two? If this is the case, then how long before my Rapture Pro clubs wear out and need replacing as well?
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 5:43 PM

Balls have a durability rating.  Different types have different ratings.  It's generally accepted that each bubble of durability represents ~50 hits (excluding putts).

Clubs don't wear out.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 6:41 PM

Thanks Niviac,

That may explain it:)

I play a few 9 hole rounds daily so would need to buy new 3 pack of balls every 2/3 days?

Seems it could get quite expensive to use anything but the free balls then unfortunately:(

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 12:01 AM

GoldCard:

Thanks Niviac,

That may explain it:)

I play a few 9 hole rounds daily so would need to buy new 3 pack of balls every 2/3 days?

Seems it could get quite expensive to use anything but the free balls then unfortunately:(

thats what i meant theres a durability factor

chippy

RSS