rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 12 2009 9:37 PM (3 replies)
  • BrickAlley
    5 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 6:05 PM

I bought 2 new wedges

TaylorMade Z-Satin TP Pro 60°

TaylorMade Z-Satin TP Pro 54°

and I've played more than 27 holes in practice round mode where all I do is hit the ball into trouble. I'll land my approach shot on the green and then putt it into a sand trap or into the deep rough surrounding the green. Then I try to hit it close to the flag... mostly I just look like I've never hit a single ball in this game. It's sad how I can't get anywhere with these clubs. I continue hitting the ball off the green into trouble until I reach the maximum shots allowed number, so guys this is a LOT of shots I've taken with these clubs!

I've always been a Full shot guy around the greens since it seemed to be the only way I could control things, but I got horrible results trying to hit full shots. I've tried to work on Flops and Pitches, but I'm equally disgusted. Don't get me wrong I can hit balls onto the greens, but I'm HIGHLY inaccurate doing it. I'm ready to put the cheap starter wedges back in my bag and give up. Some one please counsel me on how to get past this frustration.

Thanks in advance

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 7:38 PM
    I bought the Taylormade Z satin 60 wedge and gave up on it because it gets no where close to the advertised yardage. I wwent back to my old wedge and it is 10 times better than the Taylormade.
  • garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 8:20 PM

I carry the 54, 60, and 64 in my bag.  The 54 is probably the most accurate club in my bag. Anything 50 yards and shorter that will be the club I use.  Fairway, sand, rough, both short and long, u name it.  Providing I hit it right I can get within a couple of feet of the hole.  Pay attention to the different shot distances.  Off of green pitches with fairway lie will go about 3 to 4 yards longer then club distance, those same chips will be almost right on the distance.  TS or BS on the ball will make alot of difference both shots, experiment with both.  I use the GI-D balls and a full shot onto the green almost stops where it lands.  Adjust accordingly for winds and rough.  Dont try to chip from deep rough  or too far off of green.  Have noticed lately maybe a WGT problem with the 60, seems very inaccurate on less then full swings or I am just getting too used to the other two clubs and not using that 1 enough.

Look for me online and invite for a game, I will show you what these clubs can do.

Gary

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 9:37 PM

don't know what the problem could be i find all the top tier wedges to be pinseeking missles. keep the faith. jb

RSS