Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Unity Ads & Steam...a Conflict

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 13 2022 9:12 AM (3 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 5:59 AM

I just experienced the following while watching Unity ads on my iPhone and while playing a coin room match on the Steam platform...

When the Unity ads auto-reset, as they do sometimes after an ad completes, and WGT kicks you back to the "Credit Reward Videos" screen, the game reboots on the iPhone and also in Steam.  The game appears on both the iPhone and the Steam screen on the PC with the 45 second match rejoin timer displayed on both platforms (for the opponent).  The opponent must click the rejoin or whatever button appears and you see the game reloading on both platforms.  Before it reloads to 100% the error popup box appears displaying "Saved Game No Longer Exists".  I saw something about multiple instances of the game appearing which is definitely not allowed...especially since I believe Steam monitors these things.

So, hopefully this will assist in addressing one instance where games can't be restarted/rejoined after a hard shutdown and restart. 

So much for trying to multitask and watch Unity ads during game play too...unless this only occurs if using Steam to play the launcher from the PC.

• billycash74
    2,076 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 6:19 AM

cant watch the videos and play at the same time

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 6:46 AM

billycash74:

cant watch the videos and play at the same time

People post that they are able to do this on more than just 2 devices which allows them to watch those 75/day Unity ads quickly.  I hope they post in here how they're able to do it.  I definitely think Steam has to be avoided in order to do it successfully.

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 9:12 AM

Steam typically doesn't allow for third party ads. Steam has heavy filters on what can and can't appear onto their platform

pmm711:

So much for trying to multitask and watch Unity ads during game play too...unless this only occurs if using Steam to play the launcher from the PC.

RSS