Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Swing meter

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 14 2009 12:32 AM (6 replies)
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 9:52 PM

For the hundredth time .... there needs to be some serious attention given to the consistentcy of the swing meter ... especially where it concerns putting ... there is nothing in my system that it causing this problem and i'm frankly having real misgivings about even investing my money anymore to play a game that malfunctions as much as this one does ... i'm talking about a meter that is constantly changing speeds, hanging, sticking, surging at the last minute and throwing putts offline... nearly impossible to make a putt of any distance over 4 or 5 feet away as it's impossible to guage the speed of a meter that is changing speed as it hesitates and then surges at the last moment ... no-one can .... it is only on rare occasions when the meter is problem free ... and i've done every so called "fix" in the book ... it is extremely frustrating to have to struggle with a malfunctioning game constantly making it impossible to play it as it was designed to be played ...

Edit : a little later .... and now here it is about four hours later and the thing is working just fine ... different course though ... kiawah instead of bethpage ... oh well ...

• proooo
    3 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 10:05 PM
    to whom it may concern at wgt it has now cost me numerous amounts of credits matches dignity and tournements i am tired of having to withdraw from tourneys and what ever else do to the meter always sticking something has to be done i want some kind of reimbursement you decide i am totaly and utterly disgusted the meter sucks freezes way to much prooo
    79 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 5:11 AM

donsprintr:
    and i've done every so called "fix" in the book ... it is extremely frustrating to have to struggle with a malfunctioning game constantly making it impossible to play it as it was designed to be played ...

Please try this one. Download "chrome".  I have switched to chrome, and though it has not given me 100%, it is so far superior to firefox and IE. I have used chrome for about 4 days, and have seen a huge improvement 

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 8:13 AM

5419:

donsprintr:
    and i've done every so called "fix" in the book ... it is extremely frustrating to have to struggle with a malfunctioning game constantly making it impossible to play it as it was designed to be played ...

Please try this one. Download "chrome".  I have switched to chrome, and though it has not given me 100%, it is so far superior to firefox and IE. I have used chrome for about 4 days, and have seen a huge improvement 

Since switching to Google Chrome I have had very little meter problems. Still happens but I think that is when I get the bad server. I don't know which one it is so I just live with it for a round, then log out and back on if I want to play another round.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 9:57 AM

prooo, please also check our recommendations for optimizing your computer - http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/635/2552.aspx

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 9:08 PM

WGTAlex,

It is understood that a player should have the responsibility of configuring his or her computer to fully optimize it for game play. Is there a point where WGT is satisfied that a user has done all of that, and at least part of the problem is on YOUR end of this?

Also, I have resent my e-mail from aprox two weeks ago in regards to a refund (it was never answered). I see it was asked (a refund) on this thread as well, and never addressed. Do you have a customer service department responsible for handling these requests, or are they simply ignored?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 12:32 AM

Vgolfmaster:
    Is there a point where WGT is satisfied that a user has done all of that, and at least part of the problem is on YOUR end of this?

There can probably never be a point where "a user has done all of that", because a computer's processes aren't static things. There are lots of background processes running on any computer at any time, and they may change from minute to minute. Some of them may be irrelevant for the swing meter, and others may not. Plus, WGT have always said there may be dozens of reasons for meter stutter on "their" end (Flash design, etc.), and that they're trying to eliminate each and every potential reason, one by one.

RSS