Forums

Help › Forums

Re: "Out of the mouths of babes"

Sun, Dec 20 2009 7:41 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
    79 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 7:40 PM

GITrDONE:
    The man ask for our opinion.Nobody ask for what your doing or whatever you think your doing.The question was what would you tell an 11 year old kid about another disgraced athlete about was he cheating at golf too.I guess you missed that?

No, I did not miss that. I would think that what you tell your son is your business, and it is sad that a parent could not figure out what to tell his child  You do not have to repeat things that you are not sure are true. I think a 11 yr old only needs to know that he has been accused of the things he is reading about, but in America we do not convict until all sides of the story are heard. Most important, do not judge because you are not in a position to judge. I think if you were tiger, you would hope that all sides are heard. At this point he is unable to say anything. Cable TV needs ratings, and they have been known to blow things out of proportion. Proof of that is how they can carry a story like this for a week or more, but fail to tell us about how our country is being governed. I am sad about tiger, but if he is guilty, he does not deserve to be hung. He has done no more or no less than 68% of American men have done. That was the stat of men who admitted they had an affair. Being a superstar makes fidelity a lot tougher than for you or me. Most important, gossip is just that, gossip and a 11 yr old does not need that in his life.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 7:52 PM

5419:
    someone who lives 3000 miles away should think twice about repeating everything they hear, especially from cable tv

It doesn't take a gossip columnist to read Woods' life. It was chronicled . Todd Marinovich was a case study and Tiger Woods followed it to a T.

Brother Snaike's question was a solicitation for opinions. Mine was to turn the question into a learning situation for an 11 year old, something your parents should have done with you, naughty1. Proactive parents like snaike preclude young ones from turning into bitter old farts. With 2 boys of mine own to die for  (one put himself through GWU and the other is a sophomore on the same path) I can speak from a position of experience. I pulled no punches with them, told it like it was and they are richer and more focused for it.

YJ

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2009 7:41 AM

SteamboatTW99:
    it is a shame that his image will forever be damaged and that this will forever overshadow his golfing accomplishments.

Overshadow? I think you're exaggerating. How can private life affairs overshadow his sporting achievements? I'd say those are 2 totally unrelated things. The person Tiger Woods is no longer credible, he's no longer a role model, etc., but that doesn't make his golfing accomplishments any less admirable.

• PAGES
RSS