Re: M1 MacBook Pros

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 14 2023 7:51 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Isteady61
    5 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2022 2:20 PM

I have a different issue…

I have a Mac Mini M1 2020.It display the game perfectly, but I get no audio at all. It’s as if the audio plugin / codec from the new WGT game firmware is incompatible with my Mini. If I switch back to my old MacBook Air, I have zero issues. It doesn’t matter what output I select, even the Mini's internal speaker will not play any game sounds, but I can hear Mac OS sounds just fine, as well as any other audio source, YouTube, Apple Music, etc. Anyone else experiencing this? 
    I have asked WGT Support these same questions, BTW. 

• pmm711
    5,514 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2022 2:36 PM

Just making sure...the "Audio" in the WGT settings is turned on, right? Master Volume, Music Volume, Commentary Volume, & Sound Effect Volume are switched on/off in the settings behind the gear.

• Isteady61
    5 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2022 6:55 PM

Thank you for the reply. Yes, of course, the first thing I did was to check the in - game settings. Restored defaults, restarted the Mac, re-installed the Mac OS, you name it! I suspect I need to install a sound plugin or something...

• pmm711
    5,514 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2022 7:31 PM

Crazy as I’ve installed the launcher without issue on several MacBooks and PCs…new and old.  I hope your issue gets resolved.

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2022 8:16 PM

I just bought a mac mini a week ago. I only had the audio issue happen a couple times. The last time it happened was in mid game. I quit the app and restarted right away and the audio came back. I haven't had any problems since, but it's only been a few days and probably 20+ rounds. 

I did have to download a new launcher to install the game initially since the one I had for my old mac wouldn't work on the new one. Maybe try to download that one if you haven't already.

• Isteady61
    5 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2022 7:26 PM

Thanks pm711!

• Isteady61
    5 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2022 7:27 PM

Dex000 - is your Mini an M1?

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2022 12:35 PM

It is. 

I had it happen once more since I posted this, and all I did was right click on the icon in the dock and quit the app, then I reopened it and it worked. 

gl. 

• macmcnulty
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jan 14 2023 7:51 AM

Did you ever get a fix for this?

I have the same issue on my M1 mac mini. 

I did find that I can download the app from the app store and the sound works - but it seems like it's the iphone version instead of the full version of the game.   I would rather the nice full screen version AND sound.  

• PAGES
RSS