Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Redwood Putter, 30 foot meter.

Tue, Dec 8 2009 11:07 AM (9 replies)
  • GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 10:05 PM

Anyone experiencing the 30 foot meter being WAY WAY off?

I'm hitting putts for 27 feet that are going well over 30 all of the sudden, never happened before.

I'll try to post one ASAP.

GD

• KatieJ
    43 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 4:32 AM
    Hi If your putting down hill that will throw it off and make them go farther that you intend
  • mefitz
    372 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 7:34 AM

You also need to consider the green speed! Now that we have different green speeds there are more variables involved. Where as before, with the same ol` speed, you could putt in your sleep. Now you really need to pay attention, at least until you get used to the differences. a simple example is; a standard green speed, 10ft. putt, no break, flat, you could hit at 9 to 12ft. power. Fast green speed, same conditions, you can hit 7 to 10ft. for the same results. Add uphill, downhill, and breaks then there`s a lot more to consider. Practice, practice, etc.  

Don`t take my numbers as definitive examples but also, if you have the same conditions as above but it`s a 30ft. putt on fast greens you could hit it about 25ft. to reach the cup. I would say that this would explain your putts going so far past the hole.  GL

PS- I will add that on uphill putts on fast greens, most of the time, you shouldn`t subtract Too much for the fast greens or you`ll end up short, as I`ve done too often!(lol)

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 9:51 AM

GolfDum:

Anyone experiencing the 30 foot meter being WAY WAY off?

I'm hitting putts for 27 feet that are going well over 30 all of the sudden, never happened before.

I'll try to post one ASAP.

GD

I too use the Redwood putter and have noticed the same thing. It seems like it is just a bit faster than it used to be. I try to hit about 10% less distance than a month ago

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 3:50 PM

Guys:

While I appreciate you trying to help and your comments, I'm not "new" to using the putter.

I generally get within an inch or two of the hole on a 25-30 foot putt if I don't make it.

But last night, the 30 foot meter was WAY WAY off no matter what I did. Something's wrong.

WGT, can you please take a look?

Thanks!

GD

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 4:32 PM

Edit:

Today, the meter looks fine so far but i'm on a different server.....

I think it was server two last night. I was playing on Kiawah.

GD

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 5:15 PM

GD-I've learned the hard way that when you play enough games without closing the browser some weird stuff can happen. It's like the cache gets confused or something. When stuff happens like that to me it's usually because I've pounded out a bunch of rounds in between other things over a day and forget to get out and back in (that's what clears my cache.)  

You might have just learned this too.   :)   

YJ

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 5:17 PM

YJ:

You may just have a valid point there..... Next time I see something odd like that, I'll give that a try.

Thanks for the tip!

GD

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2009 9:41 AM
    my distances were all over the place last night, was going way way too far past the hole ( ok i know i'm supposed to go in the hole not past it) played holes enough times to know speed and distance. was there a glitch last night or did i just have a really really bad putting day.
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2009 11:07 AM

Hi golfdum, also, if you see something in the game that you think might be a bug, right-click and send a report to us. Thanks

RSS