Forums

Help › Forums

Re: completing a game

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 28 2021 10:23 AM (3 replies)
  • 3333JJ
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2021 11:54 AM

you play 8 holes some one quits and no winner even if you are 3 up! can you fix this?

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2021 6:34 PM

3333JJ:

you play 8 holes some one quits and no winner even if you are 3 up! can you fix this?

Good 1st Post . And good question . You are no doubt referring to the all too familiar fate of an Alt Shot round . Although a fun multiplayer format . Alt Shot , Match Play , Coins . Are not scored or rounds that count for wins or losses or statistics , or a players average .

That being said . There is very little that would require a commitment to one of those rounds . And whether one wins or loses or by how many strokes is inconsequential in those rounds .

But on the other hand . Playing a Stroke Play multiplayer round . Will not end before the 9th or 18th hole . If an opponent leaves , exits , or quits at anytime during the round . The other opponents are given the opportunity to continue . Even if there is only 1 player left .

I know this concept is new and hard to accept for some of you . But this has been the same protocol for 15 years .

You seem to play a lot . So you must be enjoying .

Welcome to the Forums .

CONGRATS .

• theshortdriver
    138 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2021 4:09 PM

I like playing alternate shot rounds a lot and so do many players and I have asked why if a player quits on the opposite team the match ends and there is no winner ..but have noticed that in a few rounds a player has quit on the opposing team and the other team has indeed won and when I submitted this problem to W G T..I was told they were working on correcting the problem and like I said a few rounds it is working the way it should..I do find that if a problem is submitted ..it is looked at and a fix is found..and that has all the making 's of a great golf site to me..Good luck all and see ya on the great courses offered on this game site

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2021 10:23 AM

theshortdriver:

I like playing alternate shot a lot and so do many players and I have asked why if a player quits the match ends and there is no winner ..and to me yes its only a game but even in real alternate shot if a player quits from one team the other team should win as they quit the match...I was told it is an in game problem and they are looking to correct this but so far they have not changed it..we just have to live with it till it is fixed ..and just have fun even tho that Flaw exist's

Yes , they are aware of the false notification .

I do know that if you are on the ( host ) Green team . And one of the Gold players leaves the game . You will get this screen .

But that is not the case . Just go to you or your P's ACTIVITY on the profile page . You will see that you did win .

I do not know if the reverse is true . If one of the ( host ) Green leaves . I do not know what the results are .

RSS