Forums

Help › Forums

Re: NZ win world cup

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 24 2011 2:19 AM (6 replies)
  • Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2011 4:56 AM

Congrats to the all blacks, worlds cup winners again. Huge ups to France, what a game, so close, a single point in it after 80 mins. 

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2011 7:56 AM

Congrats New Zealand! England will have ya next time... :D

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2011 8:05 AM

Didn't even know NZ had a football team in the world cup, but well done anyway.

Lizzie xx

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2011 8:13 AM

LizzieRossetti:

Lizzie xx

LOL, I can't figure out if you're being serious? Yes, wd NZ.

• Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2011 12:58 PM

"Didn't even know NZ had a football team in the world cup"

Ah but this is the game with the strangely shaped ball, not the round one.

ps i am not feeling at all well after over indulging in cheap Aussie reds.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2011 2:05 PM

LizzieRossetti:

Neither did I until my son clued me. As your basic ignorant American, stuck on American football (not soccer) I had no inkling of what real man football was like until he (my son) got into it in college. He hooked up with a rugby club and opened a new world for me. Rugby is the man!!  LOL

I have gained an appreciation for the sport that is quite exciting. To put it into perspective, I saw my first ever rugby game at my son's college. He got involved with an intramural rugby club and as the protypical parent, I followed him. What an eye-opener! After watching him and the game, assaulting the spectators with a zillion questions, I came away a tad confused but excited because they won. Lots of crunching and mucking and rucking or something like that. LOL

Then I get home and he calls and says New Zealand is on the TV. Double WOW after watching them. What a team! I got to see how the game is really played and am now a fan of the sport. I sure wouldn't want any of those NZers mad at me!  LOL Rugby and American football are 2 very different sports but I now think the rugby players trump the football players. 

A funny aside that illustrates the toughness of the sport is the Fosters beer commercial that shows this tough ass, bald Aussie putting a band aid on his neck-the Austrailian definition of helmet!  :-D

p.s., His club from SUNY Brockport just drove 5 1/2 hours to a podunk college in Saranac, NY to win the semifinal game 12-10. They play next Saturday for the Championship here in town. Can't wait!  SUNY Brockport vs U of R.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 2:19 AM

Congrats to the All Blacks.  The Kiwies finally broke the hurdle of the World Cup.. Very well done. Great match to watch and might be a bit lucky, if that french bloke kicked it through the uprights it might have been a different story...lol.

The best team for a numbers of years won, which is great after all the troubles in NZ :)

Cheers

Roger

RSS