Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Friend Bug

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 7 2009 3:24 PM (3 replies)
  • gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 4:30 AM

I have had an issue with inviting friends in the past few days. Examples: lilrob88 and AlaCowboy (hope it's okay to use you as examples!). I sent Rob an invite a few days ago, and he accepted, as shown by both of our friend updates. He shows up in my friends list, and I show up in his. But he doesn't show up on my friend toolbar on the left of my screen under "Play Now"; and when I visit his profile, the only available button on top of his name is "Add Friend" rather than "Send Message" and "Remove Friend". Same thing with AlaCowboy: I sent a friend invite yesterday, he accepted (he even posted on my wall in acknowledgment), and now he doesn't show up on my toolbar and I am still asked to "Add Friend". What's the deal, WGT?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 8:26 PM

Hi gao, the issue is caused by the large number of friends that you have. I believe this is happening with any friends you add beyond 250. We are looking into a solution for this.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 1:32 PM

Thanks for the note, Alex. This makes sense, I know that because of server issues and whatnot WGT can only handle things under 250, so the bug is legitimate. This is now happening with every single friend that is added, whether I invite the player or the player invites me. It's a problem for me, to be sure, so I thank you for searching for a solution.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 3:24 PM

gaoerfuqiu:

Thanks for the note, Alex. This makes sense, I know that because of server issues and whatnot WGT can only handle things under 250, so the bug is legitimate. This is now happening with every single friend that is added, whether I invite the player or the player invites me. It's a problem for me, to be sure, so I thank you for searching for a solution.

That's the advantage of being an ornery cuss like me. I only have 4 friends here.   :) 

No one else  can stand me.

RSS