• LLLlloyd88
    176 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2021 4:31 AM

Lee Westwood while he's hot

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2021 5:51 AM

twinponds169:

This is not much fun anymore after seeing the way some things panned out last week.

McIlroy, Finau, Schauffele and other big names were bombed out with no chance of making the cut, with 3 holes left to play in the first round, and you let someone pick Rahm at that point, just because he hasn't teed off yet?

Seeing other players that you may have had on your short list of picks for the week already crapped out sure makes it easier to give yourself a good chance by waiting, it seems, since you can get away with it.

Yes, I'm having a lousy season of this so far this year, but this is not sour grapes. The Rahm pick, well after Noon with 3/4 of the field deep into their rounds, skews this royally in my opinion.

I picked a player that hadn't teed off yet while other players had a couple weeks ago, and while Judge's generosity benefited me that week I agree with this.

I think the rule should be you must have you pick in before anyone tees off. 

• phipster
    4,443 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2021 1:20 PM

And LLLLLOYD88 should be prevented from picking a player for a few weeks as he is obviously far too good at choosing winners...

Tee Hee

• jacktrade51
    10,901 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2021 8:46 PM

Brandon Hagy is the feel good story of the week.  2nd alternate, Koepka withdraws because of injury, another player DQ'd due to Covid, he gets in, goes low on Sunday and finishes 2nd.  Check probably about $700,000.  Got to love it.

Tom.

RSS