103 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2021 4:13 PM

Team Hacker:
    Sungjae Im

• RDHacker
    103 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2021 4:28 PM

twinponds169...

If that did happen and the player got awarded points I hope it was an oversight by Judge.

No one should be able to make a pick after the first player tees off in the tournament.

• WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2021 4:31 PM

twinponds169:

This is not much fun anymore after seeing the way some things panned out last week.

McIlroy, Finau, Schauffele and other big names were bombed out with no chance of making the cut, with 3 holes left to play in the first round, and you let someone pick Rahm at that point, just because he hasn't teed off yet?

Seeing other players that you may have had on your short list of picks for the week already crapped out sure makes it easier to give yourself a good chance by waiting, it seems, since you can get away with it.

Yes, I'm having a lousy season of this so far this year, but this is not sour grapes. The Rahm pick, well after Noon with 3/4 of the field deep into their rounds, skews this royally in my opinion.

This is certainly something we can discuss further down the road, but I don't necessarily believe most people are playing like that. I think most people just want to get a pick in. Also, in this scenario, what if Finau, Rory, and Schauffele went out all firing? Then you are stuck with Rahm and then what if Rahm stinks. Again, it is something we can certainly look into, but I don't think there is necessarily an advantage with waiting, it just means you have less options to choose from.

• Gepetto1958
    4,204 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2021 4:36 PM

Cameron Tringale for Team Fap, tyvm.

• reggie7900
    911 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2021 6:02 PM

Team reggie will go with Lee Westwood this week cheers judge your doing a fantastic job. 

Kevin. 

• Sednaa
    94 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2021 6:33 PM

Team:     Sednaa

Pick:       Joaquin Niemann

• lzrgolfr
    153 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2021 6:39 PM

Missed the cut last week - so swingin' for the fences here with my "long-shot" Joachin Niemann. Thanks for your efforts, Judge.

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2021 6:58 PM

WERENSKI, RICHY for Team Topper this week Judge!

Cheers and Thank You

• jacktrade51
    10,833 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2021 8:01 PM

I should note that Daniel Berger withdrew to a rib injury and Gary Woodland withdrew for flunking Covid test.

A 2nd player flunked the Covid test but none of us were going to pick him anyway.

Tom.

RSS