Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Yorkshire County V's O Canada

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 16 2011 5:12 PM (1 replies)
  • AndyAEllis
    1,761 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 1:21 PM

After my post on the forum asking if a club would like to play  tournament, O Canada responded and we set the wheels in motion.

J2daRoc organised things at the O Canada end, and what a great job he did. It was he who suggsted the format:

15 mathplay singles

A CTTH (Best of) and a Stroke play game.

We agreed the courses and conditions with both clubs setting the same parameters and we agreed that the winner of two fht ethree would write a suitable post here.

The CTTH game was scored on the cumulative total yardage of the first 20 players.

The Stroke play was scored with the cumulative total of the first 20 players. Match-play of course is a straight head to head.

As it turns out, O Canada beat the Yorkshire club 3-0. Despite the drubbing, as the owner of the Yorkshire County club, I have to say it was a great success. Players from both clubs enjoyed and several friendships have been forged along the way. The added element of competition only served to add to the enjoyment of the game and players have literally plagued me with updates on how we were doing for the entire week.

I'd like to thank the players at O Canada for their great sportsmanship and especially J2DaRoc for his expert leadership. It was a pleasure to have been part of the entire process.

Andyaellis

• J2daROC
    543 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 5:12 PM

Thanks for the match Andy - my lads enjoyed themselves thoroughly...Andy did a great job organizing this event as well, and hopefully more clubs will take up the challenge with the Yorkshire CC!

RSS