Help › Forums

Re: how to level up a piece of apparel

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 8 2021 7:25 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2021 2:49 PM

showdowns like any tournament are profitable to good players.

I posted this in another thread but i have 67 or 68 level 40 titlists that have all been won in showdowns. I've never bought any of them. I use them almost exclusively in coin games. I have zero cost. 

Showdowns are quite profitable to play imo.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2021 3:02 PM

Mythanatos:
    67 or 68 level 40 titlists that have all been won in showdowns.

I do too. You get one when you come in last place in the final round.

I use Volkis, and I am not that good....I have more than 0 cost.

Showdowns not been profitable to me. Furthermore, I seem to recall playing with you in the past RUSH. To be honest, I never really thought that I was competing against the person I was playing with in a Showdown, but having actually lost coins to you, and at the privilege of spending credits to participate, I was, and am, extremely perturbed at you and next time, no mercy. I was so upset, I did not make it into the final round which cost me not only coins, credits, the loss of a gift box but another level 40 titlist I will never use all at your expense.

I hope you sleep well.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 7:11 AM

can't really tell if you're being serious or not. 

Im going to assume yes. if no then just ignore the rest.

Showdowns are about low score over the 9 holes or 18. 

Myself i don't really care if i win or lose the 18000+ (really 9000 ish) that's in Casablanca room.

If someone isn't being a douche in chat and they manage to tie me then i'll usually tank the tiebreak shot. If they beat me straight up power to them. As i said I'm in that room only because WGT makes me.

The coins played for are such a tiny amount that it's just not an issue and that 18k usually means more to the other person than it does to me. 

Matter of fact losing in a showdown for me is sometimes beneficial. There are several times it's helped. example: one time i was -2 after 2. Other person had eagled a par 5 and was -3. I hit the longer drive on the last hole , a par 4. The person i was playing holed out from the fairway for a -5. Well the way the game is constructed the game gave me an eagle as well. I never had to hit the last shot. so i was -4. I actually ended up winning that particular showdown that week.

summary: you aren't playing anyone else in a showdown. the coin match really doesn't matter. It's how low you can go. 

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 7:25 AM

Mythanatos:
    can't really tell if you're being serious or not

Not one bit was serious, except for the part that you scored better than me for those 3 holes of the Rush. 

In a showdown, the person I am playing with is never my adversary. I agree, coins are minimal. I just remembered you from reading many of your comments in forum (and mentioned that when we matched up) and was trying, unsuccessfully, to have a little fun in this thread.

Quite frankly, I did not mind the loss but it was the first time I did not make a final round in a long time. Ordinarily, I eat Champions for breakfast...

EDIT: Champions part was not serious either, usually it is dinner time.

• PAGES
RSS