Forums

Help › Forums

Re: C&M Hickory Driver?

Thu, Mar 3 2022 5:03 PM (30 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,901 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 7:44 PM

Luckystar5:
    No sense in busting your butt to level up, that's what I tell the new hacks. Just spend the tap in fee, buy some low level distance balls, ur set. Level 1, hack, driving the greens, 2 putt for birds, clean up in coin rooms, what a great idea, from wgt !!!!!

I agree with your sarcasm, but ... 

WGT is trying to marry an arcade game with a real golf simulation.  Whether it works remains to be seen.

For old-timers like you and me, we need to keep the pressure up for new courses (I know Torrey Pines is coming) and better ability to communicate for AS/match play.

As far as Hacks or Amateurs go (we were both one once) or coin players, give them a 280 yard driver, they won't have a clue what to do on 2nd shot so that doesn't concern me.  Takes time to learn ball spin, marry that to one's irons, etc.  Not worried since they can't play a real 9 or 18 hole round.

Serious virtual golfers want to improve need to climb up the ladder 1 step at a time.

Tom.

P.S.  I could care less about those who only play coin games.  Just turned one down for club membership in BD today.

• MrCReePaR
    8 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 7:54 PM

Yeah I guess you guy are right it really doesn't matter much. Cause I know I would have got it if they offered it when I was a low level. Just kinds sucks cause I have basically the same damn driver but its got a slightly different angle in it. And after saying that I may want to use it on a course that doesn't work as well as the other drives I have. 

• MrCReePaR
    8 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 8:00 PM

That kicks ass and yeah it is a little disappointing that the vintage sound isn't heard while playing the club. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 8:37 PM

SamSpayed:
    I'd love to see WGT come out with some more vintage-look clubs. 

Vintage look?

It actually looks just like the driver I currently have. Not even joking.

Obviously, it's been a few years since I played a real round of golf. Life and familly kinda got in the way the last 2 or 3 or 30 years or so. 

I think the last time I consistently played was college. One summer, I played almost every day. I was taking care of my mom (she had cancer). After dinner and she was all settled, I'd run over to the course to get a quick 9 holes in. It provided me with a quiet place to get away for a short time and process life. 

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 8:53 PM

In my eyes if they give away the retro look club then they should do as they do with apparel and allow you to keep the stats of any other club in your bag.  They could sell this option for the 500 credits they charge for the apparel option.  Then they could add a club each time they do the tap-in rewards.  I bet that would generate some revenue.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 9:39 PM
    Maybe wgt will use it as the clash award, pick putter or driver. ?
  • BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 10:08 PM

pmm711:

In my eyes if they give away the retro look club then they should do as they do with apparel and allow you to keep the stats of any other club in your bag.  They could sell this option for the 500 credits they charge for the apparel option.  Then they could add a club each time they do the tap-in rewards.  I bet that would generate some revenue.

That's actually a pretty cool idea 💡 

Although it would probably mess with the agreements WGT has with the different companies.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2021 1:59 AM

BPeterson8256:
    Although it would probably mess with the agreements WGT has with the different companies.

and 14 random, but vital, existing game functions :-(

• GolfNomad
    299 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2021 10:20 AM

SamSpayed:

SimonTheBeetle:
    I kinda like it. A great eye candy, the vintage look, rareness, etc... I'm definitely keeping it 'til I stop playing this game.

Same here.  I'd love to see WGT come out with some more vintage-look clubs.  I'd be tempted to buy them even if I didn't need them.

+2 - the only reason was the retro look..love it..perhaps when the WGT mods have time they will update the sound..from what I recall the Nike Covert has a unique sound that would be perfect..a dull thud..anyway..perhaps so old hickory irons are on the way?!  

• Slimjim001
    1,025 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2021 7:44 AM

I figure that since I can't seem to play worth a hoot anymore that I should at least try to look dapper and this driver fits the bill perfectly. Old Skool is Cool.

RSS