Help › Forums

Re: Help me find right ball.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 20 2020 9:49 PM (28 replies)
  • Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2020 5:10 AM

callaghan159:

After reading the title of this thread..."help me find the right ball", have you checked to see if it's next to the left ball?🙄😂

A certain mr. hitler checked his and couldn't find it. (allegedly, although this is disputed)

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2020 7:35 AM

• grumpyarthurc
    6 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2020 9:57 AM

Awesome!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2020 5:18 AM

ScottHope:

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2020 5:31 AM

bossbird:

Flatearth777:

ok i bought callaway , titlist ( gift) , All balls below 200 credit and callaway slow meter balls.

I dont like none off them

That 64 credit 2.5 meter ball is non linear. its slow until near ding area and speed up 5 times in ding area.

I need a  constant meter ball so i know when to click.

Flat earth , do you ever say please or thank you ? Why should people help you when you have no manners 

And who are you, with nothing constructive to help the OP, calling him out for this nonsense....

@Flat-I think you're looking for something that you won't find in a ball. To understand a real golf swing you need to imagine how it actually happens. You take the club back slowly but then you accelerate the swing through the ball so you should actually speed up on the way down. The meter does the same thing.

An earlier post of yours in another thread alluded to the wind affecting the meter speed and you seemed to think the meter went faster by the ding. It does but not because of the wind, you just have to expect it. What you want to make sure of is that you don't miss that ding on the side the wind is blowing to, you'll always get a bad result. 

Make it a point to hit into the wind-miss the ding on the upwind side-and you'll get better results.  It also helps to not follow the moving line with your  eyes, focusing on the ding line instead and letting the moving line move into your peripheral vision. Think of how a real swing works-you never take your eye off the ball. :-)

• Flatearth777
    267 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2020 2:06 PM

I think there is a trick that only top players knows.

#Observation 1

Meter speed up opposite side of wind direction. if wind moves right to left ...meter is slow before ding and make it  click you early and end up metered left side.

same thing happen opposite side if you wanted to click after ding you end up clicking 1cm after ding or metered.

This is my observation.

#Observation 2

Reverse above.

#Observation 2.

When wind is opposite , even if you miss ding by an mm. the deviation is huge. Ball lands like 10 feet from hole either side.

I wanted to pattern this behaviour from other people experience. And find a methodology to deal with it consistently.

Slow meter ball slows this meter issue but its not the case with starter ball.

2.5 meter ball and starter ball do not make difference.

May be meter speed reduces 5 meter speed ball.

• Flatearth777
    267 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2020 11:57 PM

Actually i now understand. Why metering is a safety mechanism against cheaters.

I do think top players has some program in their hand. i cant click ding 98% of the time.

they almost click ding at will.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2020 12:18 PM

Hitting the ding isn't always the right answer...I've hit the ding many times and the ball ends up nowhere near where I was aiming....wind reading is wrong, or the green is severely undulating, etc.

Course experience and luck is as important as hitting the ding.

ct

• Flatearth777
    267 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2020 2:00 PM

Its not about hitting ding but issue is that you cant click where you want to is the core of problem between lower tier players vs good players.

So i have to find how meter work with wind. There is a relationship between wind and meter speed.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2020 4:11 PM

RSS