Help › Forums

Re: Rankings....

Mon, Jan 11 2010 12:54 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 1:29 PM

marioh:

Average doesn't really mean anything here.

Having a low average doesn't win you any credits or tournaments.

In fact, most people who quit to save their average just end up shooting themselves in the foot since they'll progress up the tier system prematurely.

Well said Marioh. I agree 100%. Ravaging over quitting is probably the biggest waste of time i can think of.

Faterson i love your enthusiasm on the topic and have nothing against your opinions, but we all know there will be some sort of reputation tracking implemented (which i disagree with) in the future, so the continuous threads on quitting could maybe cease. Im sure it would make a lot of people happy.

Lets save our thread space for a more interesting topic please.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 1:48 PM

lilrob88:
    the continuous threads on quitting could maybe cease.

I absolutely agree with you, lilrob. And the person to ensure that the redundant quitters threads stop, is a forum moderator. There's no one like that here so far, unfortunately. The way to stop these redundant quitters threads is not to forbid the discussion of this issue, which is so troublesome for many WGT users, but to merge all quitters threads into one, and only keep that single thread alive. That's the first, standard measure any moderator should take in this regard. (Similar for other recurring topics, like meter skipping, practice range, etc. etc. etc. Lots of work waiting for the moderator[s] here after WGT finally introduce them.)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2010 11:12 AM

Moderator, please lock this thread before 'someone' takes it to a fourth topic as 'someone' has already used it to broach "someone's" other favorites...

Original thread - ranking.

First swerve - reputation tracker

Second swerve - forum moderator

Third swerve? - my guess is <18 crowd.

For the love of all that is holy, stop 'someone' before we all get seasick.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2010 12:27 PM

is it just me? i think i feel a fake master rant coming.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2010 12:32 PM

What if it's a fake master sandbagger who quits a lot of rounds and is under 18, makes a new account every day, uses cheat software, spams a lot of posts but really wants a ranking system?

I think that combines them all rather nicely!

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2010 12:40 PM

Ellis... don't forget the cheat software....

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2010 12:46 PM

How could I forget the cheat software!

And I forgot multiple accounts! I'll have to go and edit the perfect cheat.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2010 12:50 PM

I bet if there were bird sounds in the game, 92.53% of quitters wouldn't quit.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2010 12:54 PM
    rim shots ringing in my ears, very funny guys. JB
  • PAGES
RSS